Marketing Analytics Consultant
- 1 McDonalds Pl, North York, ON M3C 3L4, Canada
- McDonald's Office Location: Toronto, Ontario
- Global Grade: G3
At McDonald's, we are committed to being the best, and that starts with finding the best people. We have built a team of extraordinary people from around the world. We are problem solvers, risk takers, innovators, and thought leaders that take our work seriously, but have fun doing it. We challenge ourselves to get smarter and sharper every day, we value personal and professional growth, and believe in rewarding and celebrating our successes.
In this position, the candidate will be providing objective, fact-based consulting to our Leadership Team. The successful candidate will work closely with the Marketing and Menu departments, collaboratively providing recommendations on our business optimization and product category evolution. This position is an excellent match for someone with strong analytical skills, a background in business research and communication/presentation aptitude.
Our Business Insights team is dedicated to uncover and articulate meaningful insights that inspire great advertising, great food and award-winning promotional programs. We strive to improve the guest experience with the goal of redefining McDonald’s brand perception. Sometimes we adapt methodology from our global markets, but just as often or more, we need to design our own solutions. We are on a journey to become one of the strongest, most dynamic business insights teams in Canada as well as in the McDonald’s system.
Who You Are
You are an objective and fact-based individual, with keen attention to detail. You are analytical by nature and have the ability to build strong relationships and work collaboratively in a team environment to support internal and external parties. You work effectively in a fast paced, agile, and sometimes high-pressure environment. If you like to explore, invent and inspire – we need someone who wants to find and develop better, sharper, more innovative ways to solve business problems.
What’s in it for you?
This is an unparalleled opportunity to join a winning organization during an exciting time of transformational change. You will gain exposure across all levels of the organization, from your team members to the Executives and Franchisees. You are looking for a company with a winning culture where you can grow in depth and breadth while making a tangible impact on central initiatives.
Job Description: Responsibilities would include, however not limited to, the following:
- Supports the annual and ongoing business planning process for select product categories and total business
- Maintains expertise in Canada economy, demographics, IEO driven environment, consumer profiles and related research findings
- Provides regular updates and analysis on category business performance, including product performance, sales/financial impacts, and market share
- Drives focus of the cross functional team around business priorities
- Contributes to annual marketing planning process
- Forecasts, tests and assesses business performance for national initiatives and regional activations where necessary
- Supports national Operator teams – planning, forecasting and results
- Communicates local and national business case and post-analysis information to Owner/Operator community
Analysis & Reporting
- Conducts sophisticated analytics to gain deeper cause-and-effect insight into business performance and initiatives, including operations and menu category activities
- Helps define, build and maintain category specific strategies and financial targets, as well as marketing initiatives that support the business strategy
- Work experience: Five to seven years’ experience in sales analysis position in a marketing, business, research or analysis department
- Education: An undergraduate degree with a business focus; MBA, recognized accounting designation (CA, CMA, CGA) or related Masters’ degree would be an asset
- Advanced skills in financial analysis, data analysis and reporting
- Experience in category management and strategy
- Experienced and capable in working in face paced, agile, and sometimes high-pressure environment
- Strong communication and presentation delivery skills and drive for success
- Strong customer focus, with experience in consumer research and/or history of partnering with Consumer Insights departments to infuse consumer perspective
- MS Office proficiency (specifically Excel, PowerPoint) is essential. Knowledge of CREST, Microstrategy, Tableau, PowerBI an asset
- Dedicated self-starter who can work independently to provide timely support for weekly, monthly, quarterly and ad-hoc reporting.
McDonald’s Canada and Owner/Operators are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. Our workplaces have a long-standing policy of providing fair, equitable, and accessible opportunities for all employees and prospective employees. Accommodations during the application process are available upon request.