Treasury Manager, Global Funding
- 110 N Carpenter St, Chicago, IL 60607, USA
- McDonald's Office Location: MHQ
- Global Grade: G4
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries that serve 70 million customers daily. As the global leader in the food service industry, our legacy of innovation and hard work continues to drive us.
From drive thru updates to delivery to mobile order and pay, we are innovating quickly and growing. Joining McDonald's means thinking big and preparing for a career that can have influence around the world.
At McDonald’s, we see every day as a chance to create positive impact. We lead through our values centered on inclusivity, service, integrity, community and family. From support of Ronald McDonald House Charities to our Youth Opportunity project and sustainability initiatives, our values keep us dedicated to using our scale for good: good for our customers, people, industry and planet. We also offer a broad range of outstanding benefits including a sabbatical program, tuition assistance and flexible work arrangements - check them out here!
While most of us are working remote during COVID-19, we're excited to get back to our state-of-the-art headquarters in the booming West Loop of downtown Chicago! It's set up to be a global hub that cultivates collaboration:
- Take a class at Hamburger University
- Sample future items in our Test Kitchen
- Utilize the latest technology to connect with your team around the globe
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our crew members, staff, operators, and suppliers. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. We are interested in people who enhance our company culture: Does this role interest you? We encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every single requirement!
The Manager, Global Funding provides a highly motivated finance professional a globally focused corporate role to lead and facilitate subsidiary funding activities while working to strengthen and advance the overall Corporate Treasury function. Reporting to the Director, Capital Markets, this role will partner and influence within the Treasury department, other corporate functions and international market teams to maximize liquidity and handle financial risks within the global corporate structure. This includes management of the global cash repatriation strategy, foreign currency risk management, intercompany lending portfolio, legal entity restructuring plans, and other global Treasury initiatives. With a variety of deliverables to manage, success will require personal organization and partnering with Global Tax, Global Franchising, Capital Markets and Treasury Operations.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Partner in development, management and coordination of global cash repatriation strategies while orchestrating detailed funding and risk management procedures for such activities.
- Manage and optimize intercompany lending portfolio and global cash pooling activities, while advising the Treasury Operations team with corporate cash flow projection inputs.
- Partner with global subsidiaries to ensure sufficient funding through formation and management of the annual capital and market financing plan
- Provide financial and treasury expertise to Global Franchising as business development initiatives arise.
- Assist in maintaining relationships with various internal and external global partners, including banks, subsidiary finance contacts, and other finance leaders throughout the organization
- A successful candidate will need to lead and influence across teams and functions to deliver on the priorities above and advance Global Finance priorities
- Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination by date of hire to be considered. Proof of vaccination required.
- Proven ability to manage projects and facilitate multiple workstreams concurrently
- Demonstrated ability to lead in cross-functional teams, particularly in global organizations
- Strong understanding of corporate financial management concepts and genuine interest in global financial markets
- Critical thinker with ability to understand, develop and assess holistic implications of actions and processes
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills and overall attention to detail
- 5+ years of advancing Corporate Finance, Treasury or Accounting experience
- Technical proficiency in Excel, Word, preferably Tableau, and demonstrated ability to learn software applications quickly
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or other related field; CTP, CPA or MBA preferred
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact [email protected]
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.