Field Internal Communications Manager
- 18565 Jamboree Rd, Irvine, CA 92612, USA
- McDonald's Office Location: Long Beach Field Office
- Global Grade: G4
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries that serve 70 million customers daily. As the global leader in the food service industry, our legacy of innovation and hard work continues to drive us.
From drive thru updates to delivery to mobile order and pay, we are innovating quickly and growing. Joining McDonald's means thinking big and preparing for a career that can have influence around the world.
At McDonald’s, we see every day as a chance to create positive impact. We lead through our values centered on inclusivity, service, integrity, community and family. From support of Ronald McDonald House Charities to our Youth Opportunity project and sustainability initiatives, our values keep us dedicated to using our scale for good: good for our customers, people, industry and planet. We also offer a broad range of outstanding benefits including a sabbatical program, tuition assistance and flexible work arrangements - check them out here!
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our crew members, staff, operators, and suppliers. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. We are interested in people who enhance our company culture: Does this role interest you? We encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every single requirement!
The Field Communications Manager drives the success of the McDonald’s System by providing communication and advisory support at the Field Office level. If you have proven skills as a communicator and are particularly adept at managing critical relationships and providing strategic counsel to senior stakeholders, this could be the role for you!
This position reports to the Director of Internal Communications, based in San Francisco, CA and will directly support the local field office in the respective market.
Communication Strategy Development and Execution
• Coordinate with the US Internal Communications team on national communication strategy development and execution.
• Align local communication activities with national strategy and messaging.
• Develop communication content related to Field Office-specific information that materially drives Operator performance within their restaurants.
• Tie into national communication tracking, screening, and sequencing processes.
• Support the distribution of communication at the Field Office and Co-Op level.
Provide Strategic Counsel and Advice to Leadership and Key Audiences
• Equip Franchise Business Partners to communicate with Operators through individual coaching conversations and development and sharing of communication materials.
• Provide communication counsel to the Field Office Vice President, Operator leadership, and Franchise Business Partners.
Manage Critical Stakeholder Relationships
• Develop and execute a comprehensive Field Office-level Communications Cadence for each Co-Op that aligns with the national connection points. This includes but is not limited to Operator leadership calls, meetings, and other briefings.
• Build and grow solid relationships throughout the Field Office, Co-op, and the Operator community and drive the relationship management process.
• Stay ahead of issues through ongoing engagement with key partners across the organization (e.g., Marketing, Deployment, HR).
• Participate in regular calls and meetings with US Communications.
- Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination by date of hire to be considered. Proof of vaccination required.
- .Strong advisory skills with the ability to be peer-like with and offer credible advice to senior leaders.
- Eye for business with a demonstrated ability to understand the needs and concerns of individual franchisees and the broader Company strategy, and how to use communication to get results.
- The capacity to thrive in dynamic environments, while being flexible, collaborative, and reliable.
- Exceptional relational skills and the capability to build advisory relationships in a corporate environment.
- Experience in project management and event execution.
- Excellent l speaking, writing, and editing skills.
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact [email protected]cd.com
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.