Accounting Manager – Global Consolidation & Reporting
- 110 N Carpenter St, Chicago, IL 60607, USA
- McDonald's Office Location: MHQ
- Global Grade: G4
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries that serve 70 million customers daily. As the global leader in the food service industry, our legacy of innovation and hard work continues to drive us.
From drive thru updates to delivery to mobile order and pay, we are innovating quickly and growing. Joining McDonald's means thinking big and preparing for a career that can have influence around the world.
At McDonald’s, we see every day as a chance to create positive impact. We lead through our values centered on inclusivity, service, integrity, community and family. From support of Ronald McDonald House Charities to our Youth Opportunity project and sustainability initiatives, our values keep us dedicated to using our scale for good: good for our customers, people, industry and planet. We also offer a broad range of outstanding benefits including a sabbatical program, tuition assistance and flexible work arrangements - check them out here!
While most of us are working remote during COVID-19, we're excited to get back to our state-of-the-art headquarters in the booming West Loop of downtown Chicago! It's set up to be a global hub that cultivates collaboration:
- Take a class at Hamburger University
- Sample future items in our Test Kitchen
- Utilize the latest technology to connect with your team around the globe
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our crew members, staff, operators, and suppliers. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. We are interested in people who enhance our company culture: Does this role interest you? We encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every single requirement!
The CCG Global Consolidation and Reporting Manager leads a team responsible for McDonald’s global accounting consolidation processes, preparing critical financial analysis to help senior finance management drive business decisions, and works directly with the market finance teams around the globe.
Senior Finance Management, Global Finance Market teams, Tax, Systems, Audit (both Internal and EY)
- Co-Manage a team of 10+ accounting and finance professionals
- Guide the team to efficiently manage the consolidation and projection processes through partnering directly with the market finance teams
- Ensure the team provides critical analysis related to key financial statements and metrics such as the Company’s operating margins, balance sheet and cash flows
- Partner with the Finance Transformation team to identify and implement opportunities to increase reporting efficiencies
- Provide fiduciary leadership and promote strong internal control compliance
- Ensure the right work is on the right desk, and the team has effectively cross-trained responsibilities
- Assist with various ad-hoc requests, special projects and technical accounting research for finance management and market finance teams
What are we looking for in a candidate?
- Ability to effectively manage a team, mentor and develop others
- A passion and ability for developing direct reports and other team members
- Inspire team to find creative solutions/ efficiencies
- Effective delegator who can challenge team members while helping them feel supported
- Willingness to research and collaborate with others around technical accounting issues that impact McDonald’s business
- Outstanding analytical abilities and communication skills, strong attention to detail
- Ability to navigate and be successful in a fast-paced, continuous improvement work environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Public accounting experience preferred
- 6+ years of experience with financial reporting experience preferred
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact [email protected]
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.