Global Technology Rotational Program
- 110 N Carpenter St, Chicago, IL 60607, USA
- McDonald's Office Location: MHQ
- Global Grade: G2
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries that serve 70 million customers daily. As the global leader in the food service industry, our legacy of innovation and hard work continues to drive us.
From drive thru updates to delivery to mobile order and pay, we are innovating quickly and growing. Joining McDonald's means thinking big and preparing for a career that can have influence around the world.
At McDonald’s, we see every day as a chance to create positive impact. We lead through our values centered on inclusivity, service, integrity, community and family. From support of Ronald McDonald House Charities to our Youth Opportunity project and sustainability initiatives, our values keep us dedicated to using our scale for good: good for our customers, people, industry and planet. We also offer outstanding benefits including a sabbatical program, tuition assistance and flexible work arrangements.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our crew members, staff, operators, and suppliers. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. We are interested in people who enhance our company culture: Does this role interest you? We encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every single requirement!
The McDonald’s Global Technology Rotational Program is for you if you have the desire to learn from top technology talent at a global, enterprise organization. You will have the opportunity to learn about large scale development and deployment of both corporate and restaurant systems using the newest technologies. You’ll enjoy a flexible work environment where you can think critically, operate independently using your discretion and judgment, and feed your need (and ours!) for restless innovation. Our training program creates a foundation to help you thrive so you’ll be ready to dive into real-world challenges. We designed this program to provide a smooth transition into McDonald’s so you don’t have to worry – if you bring your interest in learning and working hard, we will bring the know-how! You will receive coaching from industry leaders who want you to succeed and take pride in guiding you to develop into a future leader at McDonald’s.
What You’ll Do
You will launch your career when you:
- Learn and apply innovative digital capabilities and creative problem solving to address crucial business problems
- Rotate through Global Technology roles over your first two years
- Network and build your foundation of technical skills, business integration and industry, domain, and technology knowledge through your rotational experience
- Contribute to strategy for the world’s leading restaurant chain
- Develop expertise in cyber-security, cloud architecture, infrastructure, etc.
- Organize data, evaluations, and reports
- Commit to using your scale for good
- Build business intuition
Why We’ll Hire You
You're a strong candidate if:
- You’re a Senior working towards your Bachelor’s degree or have already graduated with a Bachelor’s degree (Preferred Majors: CS, Computer Programming, IT, MIS, CIS, Computer Engineering, or other technology related degree)
- Your college GPA is at least 3.0
- Have a passion for Technology
- Have proven leadership experience through internships, student groups, professional organizations, or community involvement
- Shown the ability to organize and present ideas in a compelling manner to various audiences
- You are inquisitive and love problem solving with innovative ideas and new approaches
- You are detail-oriented
- Committed to a culture of inclusiveness
- You want to impact the modern era of McDonald’s
Why You’ll Want This Job
Are you looking to try out a few different areas of technology to jump start your career? After we provide introductory training at our new, state-of-the-art Headquarters in Chicago, IL, you’ll rotate through three areas of Global Technology, spending about 8 months in each rotation. We are offering rotations through various groups within Global Technology such as Global Development, Vendor Management Office, and US IT (US Technology).
Successful fulfillment of your rotations prepares you for placement within one of our Global Technology teams where you will continue growing your career with McDonald’s. In addition, the capabilities we will help you acquire set you up for a variety of career paths depending on your interests and strengths, so know that beginning your career in the McDonald’s Leadership Program is choosing to give yourself options.
How You’ll be Compensated
You’ll be lovin’ your compensation and benefits package, which will include:
- Competitive Salary
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Eligibility for Target Incentive Plan (annual bonus)
- Health benefits
- 401k matching contributions
- Educational Assistance
- Matching Gifts Program
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact [email protected]
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.