Director of US Pricing
- 110 N Carpenter St, Chicago, IL 60607, USA
- McDonald's Office Location: MHQ
- Global Grade: G6
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries that serve 70 million customers daily. As the global leader in the food service industry, our legacy of innovation and hard work continues to drive us.
From drive thru updates to delivery to mobile order and pay, we are innovating quickly and growing. Joining McDonald's means thinking big and preparing for a career that can have influence around the world.
At McDonald’s, we see every day as a chance to create positive impact. We lead through our values centered on inclusivity, service, integrity, community and family. From support of Ronald McDonald House Charities to our Youth Opportunity project and sustainability initiatives, our values keep us dedicated to using our scale for good: good for our customers, people, industry and planet. We also offer outstanding benefits including a sabbatical program, tuition assistance and flexible work arrangements.
While most of us are working remote during COVID-19, we're excited to get back to our state-of-the-art headquarters in the booming West Loop of downtown Chicago! It's set up to be a global hub that cultivates collaboration:
- Take a class at Hamburger University
- Sample future items in our Test Kitchen
- Utilize the latest technology to connect with your team around the globe
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our crew members, staff, operators, and suppliers. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. We are interested in people who enhance our company culture: Does this role interest you? We encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every single requirement!
About the Department:
US Finance is comprised of several teams of professionals that oversee all financial activity, including internal financial planning and analysis activity, economic policy, and business insights & strategy for McDonald's USA, LLC. The various groups within the department work together to provide in-depth financial reporting for both the Company and its franchisees, preserve the internal control environment, and plan for the various business unit's capital, G&A and operating income goals. In addition, teams provide economic analysis on new business introductions such as menu, equipment, and operating procedures and manage the investment portfolio for assets related to Company owned restaurants.
About the Opportunity:
This position offers a unique opportunity as the Director of US Pricing, which is one of the core competencies to the long-term success of the McDonald’s System. This includes oversight of the US Pricing Strategy and Field Pricing teams. In addition, the role is a trusted thought partner to Global Pricing, US Marketing, and other key stakeholders.
A successful director candidate will effectively lead the US Pricing team to guide the development and execution of pricing strategy, advance continuous improvement of system pricing capabilities, and drive business performance by promoting better informed pricing decision making at the national and field level.
US Finance Leadership, US Field Leadership Teams, US Business Insights Team, US Marketing, National Pricing Strategy Advisory Group, Global Pricing, Pricing Vendor Partner
- Strong organizational leadership for six-person team including setting and prioritizing objectives that drive business performance while developing talent.
- Delivers a compelling narrative of pricing strategy to National Leadership Teams and enables productive two-way dialog between McDonald’s and Franchisee Leadership.
- Oversees the pricing performance management function to communicate the impact of strategy and tactics on business results for field business units.
- Ensures strategic alignment with system initiatives and national & local promotions. Validates that McDonald’s pricing guidelines and strategies are considered in pricing execution.
- Leads the successful deployment of strategic pricing initiatives, including formulation and communication of pricing recommendations to support new product offerings, limited time offers (LTOs), and other national initiatives.
- Leads development and deployment of pricing research and testing plans, including: identifying opportunities for pricing focused research, development of a research and testing calendar, deployment of in-market tests, management of strategic stakeholder communications, and sharing post-testing analytics.
- Leads development and deployment of national training program to educate US stakeholders on McDonald’s Pricing Strategy, Guidelines, Testing, and general pricing principles.
- Serves as Project Lead who manages the pricing vendor relationship.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Economics required. MBA preferred but not required.
- 8+ years of Pricing/Finance/Business Insights experience or related business experience.
- Experience developing pricing strategy & pricing analytics preferred.
- Strategic leader with the ability to build quality relationships and work cross functionally while also challenging the status quo.
- Strong people skills required to lead and inspire team of direct & indirect reports as well as cross-functional partners.
- Highly analytical, inquisitive and able to effectively use resources.
- Exceptional communication and influence skills; talented presenter who is comfortable delivering technical content to a broad audience.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while balancing competing and changing priorities.
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact [email protected]
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.