Technical Product Manager
- 110 N Carpenter St, Chicago, IL 60607, USA
- McDonald's Office Location: MHQ
- Global Grade: G4
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries that serve 70 million customers daily. As the global leader in the food service industry, our legacy of innovation and hard work continues to drive us.
From drive thru updates to delivery to mobile order and pay, we are innovating quickly and growing. Joining McDonald's means thinking big and preparing for a career that can have influence around the world.
At McDonald’s, we see every day as a chance to create positive impact. We lead through our values centered on inclusivity, service, integrity, community and family. From support of Ronald McDonald House Charities to our Youth Opportunity project and sustainability initiatives, our values keep us dedicated to using our scale for good: good for our customers, people, industry and planet. We also offer a broad range of outstanding benefits including a sabbatical program, tuition assistance and flexible work arrangements - check them out here!
While most of us are working remote during COVID-19, we're excited to get back to our state-of-the-art headquarters in the booming West Loop of downtown Chicago! It's set up to be a global hub that cultivates collaboration:
- Take a class at Hamburger University
- Sample future items in our Test Kitchen
- Utilize the latest technology to connect with your team around the globe
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our crew members, staff, operators, and suppliers. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. We are interested in people who enhance our company culture: Does this role interest you? We encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every single requirement!
The Technical Product Manager for Restaurant Technology will be responsible for the overall prioritization, design, development, and market adoption of our POS application and capabilities within our restaurants.
What you’ll be doing:
- Lead the definition of product requirements using input from various sources including external sources such as market trends, technology innovations, industry standards, bold intelligence, and customer research, as well as internal sources such as analytics, marketing, operations, and customer feedback.
- Understand and anticipate operations, crew, customer and business needs in order to develop solution
- Define and drive priorities for engineering sprints and product releases
- Build and execute optimization experiments to validate and optimize features
- Craft business cases to support feature prioritization
- Work closely with peer product managers across all channels and capabilities to prioritize initiatives, share insights on customer demands, identify opportunities for teamwork, and coordinate product development and delivery
- Collaborate across functions (e.g. Market partners, IT, and Program Management) to ensure the timely delivery of products
Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination by date of hire to be considered. Proof of vaccination required.
What you need:
- A bias toward action and incremental improvements
- Computer Science / Engineering degree
- 3 years of technology experience required
- 2 years of Agile Product Management experience, preferably on customer-facing products leading agile development teams.
- Strong quantitative analysis skills; analytics mindset and skills in research and analysis
- A passion for driving an improved customer experience as well as a passion for improving operations
- A love of new technologies and the drive to find ways to implement better tools and processes
- Retail and Digital technology experience
- Experience translating customer needs into product features
- Strong ability to speak to, as well as collaborate with, engineers, project managers, corporate leadership, and partners
- Experience leading cross-functional teams and managing indirect reports to achieve organization
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact [email protected]
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.