- 110 N Carpenter St, Chicago, IL 60607, USA
- McDonald's Office Location: MHQ
- Global Grade: G4
We are proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries and billions of customers served each year. McDonald's is people business just as much as we are a restaurant business. We strive to be the most inclusive brand on the globe by building a workforce with different strengths who make delicious, feel good moments that are easy for everyone to enjoy.
At McDonald's, we are dedicated to using our scale for good: good for people, our industry and the planet. We see every single day as a chance to have a lasting impact on our customers, our people and our partners. We will continue to pursue big, global initiatives while remaining kind neighbors and supporters of our local communities.
We are moving fast and are building a passionate team to help us. This means the company is looking for innovators, leaders, sprinters who are focused on crafting memorable experiences for our customers, employees and partners. Joining McDonald's means thinking big daily and preparing for a career that can have impact around the world.
Our core data science organization is looking to hire a Data Engineer. The role will work closely with data scientists and ML engineers and includes designing, architecting, and building data pipelines to support business use cases. Responsibilities also include collaborating with business leaders to translate business requirements into technical, scale-able solution.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, or similar. Or equivalent work experience.
• Master’s degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
• Experience managing applications in cloud based technologies and pipelining and familiarity with core services (AWS or GCP preferred)
• Experience in ETL and data warehouse technologies old and new (Oracle, SQL Server, Redshift, S3, snowflake)
• Familiarity with modern Machine Learning techniques
• Experience and desire to work in a Global delivery environment is a plus
• Comfortable with ambiguity and willing to proactively problem solve
• Strong knowledge of relational and multi-dimensional database architecture
• Expert at scripting ETL and application related processes in Python
• Experience building capabilities to support data science and analytics functions
• Knowledge of front-end technologies as they relate to data delivery a plus
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, and ability to synthesize technical information for a business audience
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact [email protected]
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.