Data Scientist - Personalization
- 110 N Carpenter St, Chicago, IL 60607, USA
- McDonald's Office Location: MHQ
- Global Grade: G4
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries that serve 70 million customers daily. As the global leader in the food service industry, our legacy of innovation and hard work continues to drive us.
From Drive-Thru updates to delivery to mobile order and pay, we are innovating quickly and growing. Joining McDonald's means thinking big and preparing for a career that can have influence around the world.
At McDonald’s, we see every day as a chance to create positive impact. We lead through our values centered on inclusivity, service, integrity, community and family. From support of Ronald McDonald House Charities to our Youth Opportunity project and sustainability initiatives, our values keep us dedicated to using our scale for good: good for our customers, people, industry and planet. We also offer outstanding benefits including a sabbatical program, tuition assistance and flexible work arrangements.
While most of us are working remote during COVID-19, we're excited to get back to our state-of-the-art headquarters in the booming West Loop of downtown Chicago! It's set up to be a global hub that cultivates collaboration:
- Take a class at Hamburger University
- Sample future items in our Test Kitchen
- Utilize the latest technology to connect with your team around the globe
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our crew members, staff, operators, and suppliers. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. We are interested in people who enhance our company culture: Does this role interest you? We encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every single requirement!
McDonald’s Global Data Science Hub is looking to hire a Data Scientist with expertise in Personalization. The Hub was created as a global center of excellence, whose goal is to power and scale the use data and data science across the system to drive meaningful business outcomes. This role will create models to uncover consumer behavior using McDonald’s massive scale.
The ideal candidate will have experience leading enterprise Personalization projects and putting models into production. You will communicate analyses and recommendations to cross-functional partners and decision makers. The position requires someone that seeks to supplement their skills through the use of project experience, self-study, and ongoing training.
- Master’s or PhD Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related discipline strongly preferred
- Understanding of high performance ML algorithms (SVM’s, gradient boosted decision trees, deep neural networks, etc.) and with toolkits/frameworks from R or Python, preferably with cloud deployment experience
- Experience in building models that have been deployed to production (e.g. in marketing, demand forecasting, or supply chain)
- Experience using big data batch and streaming tools (Spark, AWS tools, Hadoop)
- Self-starter with high level of intellectual curiosity
- Strong analytical and hardworking problem solving mindset
- Able to build a sense of trust and rapport that creates a comfortable & effective workplace
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact [email protected]
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.