Director, DEI Strategic Alignment
- 110 N Carpenter St, Chicago, IL 60607, USA
- McDonald's Office Location: MHQ
- Global Grade: G6
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries that serve 70 million customers daily. As the global leader in the food service industry, our legacy of innovation and hard work continues to drive us.
From drive thru updates to delivery to mobile order and pay, we are innovating quickly and growing. Joining McDonald's means thinking big and preparing for a career that can have influence around the world.
At McDonald’s, we see every day as a chance to create positive impact. We lead through our values centered on inclusivity, service, integrity, community and family. From support of Ronald McDonald House Charities to our Youth Opportunity project and sustainability initiatives, our values keep us dedicated to using our scale for good: good for our customers, people, industry and planet. We also offer outstanding benefits including a sabbatical program, tuition assistance and flexible work arrangements.
While most of us are working remote during COVID-19, we're excited to get back to our state-of-the-art headquarters in the booming West Loop of downtown Chicago! It's set up to be a global hub that cultivates collaboration:
- Take a class at Hamburger University
- Sample future items in our Test Kitchen
- Utilize the latest technology to connect with your team around the globe
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our crew members, staff, operators, and suppliers. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. We are interested in people who enhance our company culture: Does this role interest you? We encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every single requirement!
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our crew members, staff, operators, and suppliers. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. Our values (serve, inclusion, integrity, community and family) are foundational to our success.
With our Global Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Strategy, the company seeks to advance diversity as an imperative for our business across the McDonalds three-legged stool. The Global DEI Strategy is enterprise wide. As a result, there is an immediate need to support the McDonald’s brand distinctively, with agency and urgency given the fulfilment needs of the DEI Strategy and the Global People Plans. We are interested in people who will enhance our company culture and values. Does this sound interesting to you? If so, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every single requirement!
The Director, DEI Strategic Alignment is a newly created position that will report to the Chief of Staff for the Global Diversity, Equity and Inclusion team. The selected candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Builds strong coalitions with strategic partners and alliances by leveraging strategic plans and targets to include partner expansion, sustainability and mutually beneficial relationship building
- Align strategic partnerships with work of the different markets across the system (US, IOM, IDLM)
- Facilitate global partnerships and investments with key global strategic partnerships and alliances with McDonald’s Corp, franchisees and suppliers
- Work in partnership with the Employee Reputation and Communications teams to build DEI narratives and one-voice messaging across sectors of employees/workforce, owners/operators, and suppliers
- Manage the global DEI communications ecosystem (Webpages, Yammer, LinkedIn, IG, Twitter, FB, etc)
- Drive impactful and meaningful engagement of communications platform through strong digital and technology resources
- Provide leadership and guidance to global DEI team to operationalize the products and services that are developed within the department for enterprise-wide scope and impact
- Keep pace with both business and functional knowledge while applying this effectively in the course design process within the COE
- Ability and willingness to travel at times, occasionally including global destinations
- Bachelor’s Degree required; preferred Master’s Degree in HR or related field
- Forward-thinking experience serving as a consultant/advisor with the ability to analyze client needs; setting and managing expectations and influencing decisions
- Experience working cross-culturally with varied colleagues in a global environment with solid influencing, negotiation and facilitation skills to champion and maintain collaborative relationships with peers, subordinates and other key partners
- Senior level expertise across variety of communications methods with an excellent ability to engage with people at all levels of an organization
- Proven track record to design, implement, and execute initiatives for scale and sustainability
- Demonstrated proficiency and knowledge to drive the utilization of technology and digital platforms
- Strong relationship builder with various partners within a large and highly complex global organization
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact [email protected]
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.