Marketing Internship for 1st Year Graduate Interns
- 110 N Carpenter St, Chicago, IL 60607, USA
- McDonald's Office Location: MHQ
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries that serve 70 million customers daily. As the global leader in the foodservice industry, our legacy of innovation and hard work continues to drive us.
From drive-thru updates to delivery to mobile order and pay, we are innovating quickly and growing. Joining McDonald's means thinking big and preparing for a career that can have influence around the world.
At McDonald’s, we see every day as a chance to create a positive impact. We lead through our values centered on inclusivity, service, integrity, community, and family. From the support of Ronald McDonald House Charities to our Youth Opportunity project and sustainability initiatives, our values keep us dedicated to using our scale for good: good for our customers, people, industry, and the planet. We also offer outstanding benefits including a sabbatical program, tuition assistance, and flexible work arrangements.
While most of us are working remotely during COVID-19, we're excited to get back to our state-of-the-art headquarters in the booming West Loop of downtown Chicago! It's set up to be a global hub that cultivates collaboration:
- Take a class at Hamburger University
- Sample future items in our Test Kitchen
- Utilize the latest technology to connect with your team around the globe
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our crew members, staff, operators, and suppliers. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. We are interested in people who enhance our company culture: Does this role interest you? We encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every single requirement!
Why You'll Want this Internship
Enjoy a flexible work environment where you can think critically and feed your need (and ours!) for innovation. After initial training, dive in with your full-time team to learn the business and enjoy robust programming including our Executive Speaker Series, Lunch and Learns with unique teams like Restaurant Architecture and Happy Meals, Employee Business Network sessions, and other training. We designed this internship to provide a smooth transition into McDonald’s so don’t worry – if you bring curiosity and work ethic, we will bring the know-how.
We believe we are #BetterTogether, so we encourage networking through Peer Lunches and mentorship from industry leaders who want you to succeed and take pride in guiding you to develop into a McDonald’s future leader.
In addition, the capabilities you will acquire set you up for a variety of career paths depending on your interests and strengths, and beginning your career in the McDonald’s Corporate Internship gives you early access to our full-time post-graduation opportunities.
This person will apply their skill-set and knowledge toward tackling a designated summer project. This an exciting opportunity to have a true impact on the company by designing and implementing solutions for real challenges facing the business. This summer role will sit within a functional team in the US Marketing or Global Digital Customer Engagement departments on teams like Brand Strategy, Consumer Insights, Entertainment & Sports Alliances, Family Marketing, Media/CRM, Menu Innovation, Packaging, Social Media, Loyalty, CRM, and more.
This person will work closely with internal and external key stakeholders to navigate the organization and deliver on the challenge he or she has been asked to solve. Projects may potentially include work in:
- Personalized marketing, segmentation, and measurement analysis
- Offer Strategy
- Loyalty strategy
- Data and Innovation Strategy
- Personalizing the commerce journey
- Benchmarking and best practice research
How You’ll be Compensated
You’ll be lovin’ your compensation which will include:
- $50/hr for the 10-week program (up to 40 hours/week)
- Housing Stipend
- If on-site: Access to the McDonald’s Headquarters facilities (gym, company events, rooftop patio, Global Restaurant)
- Company-sponsored networking and social events
- May be eligible for Summer Hours schedule
- Bachelor’s or Graduate degree in Business, Analytics or another relevant degree
- 3-5+ years in Marketing, Media, Management Consulting, Strategy, or other Data Analytics roles
- Have completed their first year of an MBA or Graduate Program and will be graduating as of Fall/Winter 2021 or Spring 2022
- Have work authorization and will not require visa sponsorship for future employment
- Data literate and the ability to turn data signals into consumer-driven marketing insights
- A true strategic and critical thinker
- Ability to work with the culture of big, complex organizations
- A person who is passionate to explore and test innovation
We are looking for intellectually curious problem-solvers that have a passion for marketing, technology, innovation and food and beverage. As a summer intern, you will help lead projects that help shape the future of McDonald’s. Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Enthusiasm for the Marketing and Innovation: Someone who can bring an infectious sense of interest and passion for general marketing. They will be part evangelist – introducing new ideas and suggesting atypical solutions
- Creativity: Someone who can suggest new ways of doing things and bring fresh, new thinking to the table to advance insights and ideas
- Leadership: Someone who can collaborate with and lead others whether it’s a hands-on implementation role or a strategic one, this person will be able to set policy and direction, and implement solutions
- Communication: Expresses complex ideas and positions in a clear, concise, and timely manner
- Upholds all of McDonald’s Standards of Business Conduct
McDonald's Corporation and McDonald's USA, LLC (the "Company") are committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company.
Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company.