Counsel/Senior Counsel - Privacy and Information Governance
- 110 N Carpenter St, Chicago, IL 60607, USA
- McDonald's Office Location: MHQ
- Global Grade: G6
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries that serve 70 million customers daily. As the global leader in the food service industry, our legacy of innovation and hard work continues to drive us.
From drive thru updates to delivery to mobile order and pay, we are innovating quickly and growing. Joining McDonald's means thinking big and preparing for a career that can have influence around the world.
At McDonald’s, we see every day as a chance to create positive impact. We lead through our values centered on inclusivity, service, integrity, community and family. From support of Ronald McDonald House Charities to our Youth Opportunity project and sustainability initiatives, our values keep us dedicated to using our scale for good: good for our customers, people, industry and planet. We also offer outstanding benefits including a sabbatical program, tuition assistance and flexible work arrangements.
While most of us are working remote during COVID-19, we're excited to get back to our state-of-the-art headquarters in the booming West Loop of downtown Chicago! It's set up to be a global hub that cultivates collaboration:
- Take a class at Hamburger University
- Sample future items in our Test Kitchen
- Utilize the latest technology to connect with your team around the globe
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our crew members, staff, operators, and suppliers. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. We are interested in people who enhance our company culture: Does this role interest you? We encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every single requirement!
We are seeking a mid-level privacy attorney to join McDonald’s Corporation’s Privacy and Information Governance practice group. This Privacy Counsel/Senior Counsel role will provide support in the company’s management of data privacy and information governance with a focus on global initiatives involving European markets.
- Serve as a privacy advisor to organizations across the enterprise, providing strategic and legal guidance on data privacy issues including data access, collection, retention, transfer and use.
- Assist business clients in aligning with internal privacy policies, US (state and federal) and international data privacy laws and regulations, with a focus on EU’s GDPR General Data Protection Regulation, industry standards, and best practices.
- Participate on cross-functional teams to provide data privacy guidance on designing, implementing and deploying technologies in connection with global initiatives involving European markets.
- Collaborate with practice group members to (1) develop, review and improve data privacy policies and procedures and (2) develop and administer data privacy training to the enterprise.
- Review and advise on vendor agreements with respect to data privacy provisions.
- Conduct privacy impact assessments and data protection impact assessments.
- Build strong working relationships with senior business leaders and their teams.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of data privacy laws, regulations and standards with a focus on European Data Protection laws such as the General Data Protection Regulation and ePrivacy Directive.
- Basic technical knowledge of IT environments, data flows, cloud computing, integrated platforms, social technologies, data analytics, artificial intelligence and mobile applications.
- Experience within a corporate or law firm environment with a focus on EU’s General Data Protection Regulation and ePrivacy Directive.
- Works effectively as part of a global geographically dispersed team with global business clients.
- Driven to work on a wide variety of tasks in a proactive manner in a fast-paced environment.
- Exercises sound business judgement.
- Ability to develop creative business solutions and alternatives to legal challenges.
- Law degree required.
- CIPP Certification is a plus.
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact [email protected]
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.