Computer Vision Data Scientist
- 110 N Carpenter St, Chicago, IL 60607, USA
- McDonald's Office Location: MHQ
- Global Grade: G4
We are proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries and billions of customers served each year. McDonald's is people business just as much as we are a restaurant business. We strive to be the most inclusive brand on the globe by building a workforce with different strengths who make delicious, feel good moments that are easy for everyone to enjoy.
At McDonald's, we are dedicated to using our scale for good: good for people, our industry and the planet. We see every single day as a chance to have a lasting impact on our customers, our people and our partners. We will continue to pursue big, global initiatives while remaining kind neighbors and supporters of our local communities.
We are moving fast and are building a passionate team to help us. This means the company is looking for innovators, leaders, sprinters who are focused on crafting memorable experiences for our customers, employees and partners. Joining McDonald's means thinking big daily and preparing for a career that can have impact around the world.
McDonald’s is looking to hire a Data Scientist with experience in developing Computer Vision Models. The role will focus on building predictive/prescriptive models that can be deployed into production in our restaurants through CNNs. You will communicate analyses and recommendations to cross-functional partners and decision makers. The position requires someone that seeks to supplement their skills through the use of project experience, self-study, and ongoing training.
- Master’s Or Phd Degree In Information Technology, Computer Science, Or A Related Discipline Strongly Preferred
- Understanding Of High Performance CV Models And Techniques (Image Classification, Object Detection, Object Tracking, Semantic Segmentation, Etc.) And With Toolkits/Frameworks From R Or Python, Preferably With Cloud Deployment Experience
- Experience In Image And Video Processing In A Big Data Infrastructure
- Experience Using Big Data Batch And Streaming Tools (Spark, Aws Tools, Hadoop)
- Self-Starter With High Level Of Intellectual Curiosity
- Strong Analytical And Hardworking Problem Solving Mindset
- Able To Build A Sense Of Trust And Rapport That Creates A Comfortable & Effective Workplace
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact [email protected]
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.