Director of Legal Diversity, Equity and Inclusion- Senior Counsel
- 110 N Carpenter St, Chicago, IL 60607, USA
- McDonald's Office Location: MHQ
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries that serve 70 million customers daily. As the global leader in the food service industry, our legacy of innovation and hard work continues to drive us.
From drive thru updates to delivery to mobile order and pay, we are innovating quickly and growing. Joining McDonald's means thinking big and preparing for a career that can have influence around the world.
At McDonald’s, we see every day as a chance to create positive impact. We lead through our values centered on inclusivity, service, integrity, community and family. From support of Ronald McDonald House Charities to our Youth Opportunity project and sustainability initiatives, our values keep us dedicated to using our scale for good: good for our customers, people, industry and planet. We also offer outstanding benefits including a sabbatical program, tuition assistance and flexible work arrangements.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our crew members, staff, operators, and suppliers. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. We are interested in people who enhance our company culture: Does this role interest you? We encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every single requirement!
- Works with the Global Labor and Employment Team and Cross-Functional teams on corporate strategic DEI projects and programs
- Works with Global Legal Department management in determining strategic DEI priorities and supports execution of strategy
- Works with Global McDonald’s DEI team to understand and support strategic objectives, and to align functional Legal DEI strategy with global DEI
- Identifies legal and related business trends and benchmarking in DEI and create strategies to advance McDonald’s goals and objectives in these areas
- Works with Legal Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) Committee to align enterprise, functional, and Legal D&I Committee efforts
Advice, Counsel, and Influence
- Participates in and influences the decision-making process with appropriate clients and stakeholders
- Identifies and assesses legal risks and opportunities related to DEI and advises accordingly
- Independently handles legal matters and projects
- Handles or participates in the handling of complex legal matters or projects, including managing outside counsel
- Oversees and manages compliance with applicable laws, regulations and policies relating to DEI
- Shapes and communicates McDonald’s Global Legal Department’s positions regarding DEI to internal and external audiences
Relationships, Oversight and Execution
- Identifies and manages internal and/or external resources in support of Global Legal Department DEI priorities
- Drives and manages Global Legal Function DEI Commitments, including Mansfield Certification, Empower Award, NAMWOLF Commitment, enterprise-wide B2B commitments, etc.
- Educates clients and stakeholders on legal matters, policies and procedures
- Establishes and maintains relationships, credibility, and trust with clients, partners, legal team members and other colleagues
- J.D. required
- 7+ years of labor and employment legal experience required
- EEOC and DEI experience required
- Experience in counseling clients on labor and employment matters required
- Strong project management skills required
- Strong written and communication skills required
- Collaboration and relationship-building skills required
- Leadership experience preferred
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact [email protected]
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.