HR People Supervisor
- "Field/Remote", Honolulu, HI, United States
- McDonald's Office Location: Remote - Field
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries and billions of customers served each year. As the global leader in the food service industry, we have a legacy of innovation and hard work that continues to drive us. Today, we are growing with velocity and are focused on modernizing our experiences, not to make a different McDonald’s, but to build a better McDonald’s.
We are moving fast and are adding to our best-in-class team. Joining McDonald's means thinking big every day and preparing for a career that can have impact around the world. We are customer obsessed, committed to being leaders, and believe we are better when we work together. Over the last couple years, we’ve launched home delivery, modernized our restaurant experience through digital enhancements and have so much more to come.
We are dedicated to using our scale for good: good for people, our industry and the planet. From ambitious recycling initiatives and balanced sourcing efforts to our partnership with Ronald McDonald House Charities, we are constantly improving. We see every single day as a chance to have a genuine impact on our customers, our people and our partners.
The HR Consultant focuses on the execution of People processes and tools in assigned Profit Center(s). He/she advises and provides direction as appropriate to Operations Manager(s)/Operations Supervisors/restaurant staff on HR-related issues. With support from the HR Manager, demonstrates Global Community Of Experts to provide experienced assistance to company-owned restaurants.
- Work with Ops Manager(s) to identify key People priorities across the Profit Center(s), help execute the Profit Center People action plan aligned with the National People Strategy
- With the HR Manager, you will contribute to the execution of the Region’s People Plan
- Provides coaching, training, counsel, and direction to Operations
- Assist People leaders and restaurant managers in conducting on-boarding/ orientation and exit/off-boarding
- Partner with Operations to deliver on all aspects of Staffing, Performance Management, and Retention
- Recruitment, Interviewing, Selection, Orientation
- Required employee documentation and file administration
- Crew performance appraisal and wage management
- Restaurant-level benefits, incentives and awards & leading performance standards
- Proper management of leaves of absences and Worker’s Comp cases
- Disciplinary actions including termination
- Leading the People aspect of restaurant divestitures/acquisitions
- Educate, inform, and assess to help ensure restaurants execute/comply with People initiatives and tools
- Employee engagement and commitment programs
- Workforce Planning - effectively anticipate restaurant management needs, help Ops Supervisors and General Managers develop and execute a plan
- Succession Planning - Coach and advise partners to ensure a robust talent pipeline to meet the needs of the restaurants
- Employee Development
- Develop and help ensure development of GMs, DMs
- Support education/training/coaching to help People leaders be more effective
- Partner with Operations Supervisor to implement and ensure proper execution of People policies and practices
- Partner with HR Manager and Employee Relations COE to ensure employee engagement initiatives are effectively executed including (but not limited to):
- Investigations into potential violations
- Plans and practices that provide a fair, equitable, and respectful work environment
- Assist in deploying change initiatives through education and training for Operations staff and restaurant management
The role will require regular travel.
- Field HR experience is preferred
- HR Generalist experience
- Bachelor's degree
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact [email protected]
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.