Segment Architect - International Markets
- 110 N Carpenter St, Chicago, IL 60607, USA
- McDonald's Office Location: MHQ
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries and billions of customers served each year. As the global leader in the food service industry, we have a legacy of innovation and hard work that continues to drive us. Today, we are growing with velocity and are focused on modernizing our experiences, not to make a different McDonald’s, but to build a better McDonald’s.
We are moving fast and are adding to our best-in-class team. Joining McDonald's means thinking big every day and preparing for a career that can have impact around the world. We are customer obsessed, committed to being leaders, and believe we are better when we work together. Over the last couple years, we’ve launched home delivery, modernized our restaurant experience through digital enhancements and have so much more to come.
We are dedicated to using our scale for good: good for people, our industry and the planet. From ambitious recycling initiatives and balanced sourcing efforts to our partnership with Ronald McDonald House Charities, we are constantly improving. We see every single day as a chance to have a genuine impact on our customers, our people and our partners.
McDonald’s Corporation is searching for a Segment Architect who and will be responsible for defining and developing enterprise architecture standards that drive technical innovation and regional standardization within McDonald's.
- Responsible for working with segment CIOs and market IT teams to create and maintain blueprints of all McDonald's proprietary systems as well as SaaS solutions provided by vendors deployed in the markets supported by this role.
- Partner with segment CIO in order to provide guidance and recommendations on evolving system architecture and implications of any new integrations.
- Assess the current state of segment technology landscape and create a “North Star” blueprint with the global architecture team to guide future state developments.
- Translate the technical road-map to senior leadership to help them better understand how technology will impact their business objectives.
- Set architecture standards across multiple business units and establish a blueprint for what technology systems will be needed to support each business unit.
- Define KPI’s and SLA’s for all McDonald’s systems including production downtime, defects in market testing, and average time between production failures.
- Oversee technology consulting vendors and ensure they are following all architectural standards and meeting all KPI’s set forth by the Enterprise Architecture team.
- Partner with the existing data teams to review data blueprints, core data models, and all integrations with McDonald’s data platforms.
- Develop critical architecture standards and ensure there is an effective balance of centralized and decentralized standards.
- Conduct high-level compliance reviews and provide course correction when vital.
- Participate as part of the Global Enterprise Architecture team to resolve market level standards and any exceptions to the global enterprise architecture policies.
- Drive market variance approval processes.
- Play a key role in re-architecting monolithic and SOA enterprise systems for Micro services and deployment to the cloud.
- Provide a voice of the markets you support into the global architecture design of solutions.
- BS or MS in Computer Science, MIS or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in Application Architecture, Solution Architecture, or Enterprise Architecture. Experience with AWS or Azure a plus.
- MBA or other related graduate level degree desirable.
- Proven success in leadership role and vision.
- Capable of working with technology and business leadership to align technical road-maps to key business strategies and goals.
- Experience with all facets of enterprise architecture including application development, data platforms, infrastructure, and deployment.
- Extensive experience with technology vendors and holding them accountable to Service Level Agreements and KPI’s.
- Exposure to an enterprise level, global technology landscape and a proven ability to establish standards and define future road-maps for a global company.
- Demonstrable ability to coordinate multi-functional teams of IT professionals, business executives, and other key partners towards common goals and objectives.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to identify quantify and effectively raise business risks associated with data quality.
- Strong leadership experience.
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact [email protected]
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.