Market People Leader (One Year Contract)
- 8586 120 St, Surrey, BC V3W 3N5, Canada
In 1954, an enterprising salesman named Ray Kroc discovered a small burger restaurant in California, and wrote the first page of McDonald’s® history. In 1967, the first McDonald’s Canada opened in Richmond, B.C. and we’ve been growing with our communities and serving quality food at great a value ever since. Today, McDonald’s Canada is proud to be one of the world’s leading foodservice retailers. From coast to coast, we serve delicious choices to more than 2.5 million people in over 1,400 locations every day. We’re also more than just your local restaurant. We’re hardworking small-business men and women, students working part-time, seniors getting the most out of life, and volunteers lending time to make a difference in the communities we live and work in.
The Market People Manger is a Key postion in our Organziation. Working directly with General Managers, Store People Managers and organization leadership. The opportunity is based around the Lower mainland of BC, and will require traveling to stores and our office.
You understand that service isn’t just a transaction. It’s about making a connection. You have high expectations and consistently raise the bar for not only yourself, but also your team. When confronted with a situation you’re able to assess and problem solve with confidence. You put people before profit, knowing that creating a positive culture leads to happier, more engaged staff who will deliver a better experience for your guests. You will work with the BC Operations Manager and Restaurant Management leadership team to execute all our people initiatives. .
The person in this position will have the following major responsibilities:
- Building strong relationships with key stakeholders across the market to ensure people strategies and initiatives are championed and executed effectively to drive a high performance people focused culture
- Supports execution of national staffing initiatives (i.e. Regional and National Hiring Events)
- Partner with the market to evaluate existing recruitment and retention programs, provide assistance and recommend improvements where needed
- Ensures that restaurants are executing recruitment and retention plans to support fully staffed restaurants
Supporting Sourcing, Reach and Recruitment Activities:
- Responsible for assisting restaurants with generating applications and that the sourcing tactics drive sufficient numbers and quality of candidates to deliver on required staffing outcomes.
- Works to expand reach and targeting of qualified candidates to apply for opportunities at McDonalds.
- Develops and Supports key Recruitment programs such as Refer-A-Friend, Career Night and Friends & Family Night
- Analyzes candidate assessment programs and provides any required training support for management and staff
Analysis of Staffing Needs:
- Conducts external market research on local wages and benefits.
- Communicating weekly & monthly updates highlighting recruitment results
- Ensure consistent hiring message within parameters of current merchandising schematic using the Message Guides
Human Resources Activities:
- Leverages technology such as online recruitment tools to maximize staffing opportunities
- Promotes positive community relations and develops/maintains contacts to promote McDonald's employment image
- Develops and maintains community contacts and outside recruitment sources that will directly impact Crew and Management recruitment efforts
- Is innovative in identifying new, effective sources for potential staffing
- Attend Job fairs focusing on building the brand and removing common stereotypes and educating on McDonalds benefits
- Follow up on retention programs in the restaurant (incentives, treat days, people programs)
- Follow up on crew recognition programs (Service Awards, Employee of the Month, Crew Activities)
- Implement the Refer a Friend Program in the restaurant
- Manage "Ourlounge" communication in the restaurant
- Manage the exit interview process for the market
- Assist / Conduct Focus groups for Crew and Managers
- Follow up on the Crew and Management Survey process
Training and Development:
- Support the restaurant managers with crew and management development
- Follow up on the training programs in the restaurants
- Follow up on the review completion (on time) in the restaurant
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and qualifications:
- 2-3 years of human resources coordinator or recruitment experience
- Experience working in the retail, hospitality or food service industry.
- Bachelor's of Business Degree in Human Resources, Psychology or Business. And working towards your CPHR Designation preferred.
- Strong sourcing skills and ability to leverage current recruitment technology.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working in a fast paced environment with the ability to adjust quickly to change.
- Excellent organizational skills, along with strong technical skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Access).
- Knowledge of recruitment market practices and trends – preferably from more than one region.
- Results driven, very high sense of urgency
- Ability to work across multiple business groups and the proven ability to develop long-term client relationships
- Ability to work in a collaborative manner and develop strong working relationships with colleagues
What we have to offer!
- Contract position with opportunity to turn into Full-time permanent
- Opportunities for career advancement
- 50% off McDonald's Restaurants
- Employee Assistance Program
- Outing and Events
- Flexible Schedules
- Bonus eligibility