Housing Quality Standards (HQS) Inspector - Cambridge, MA - Part-Time
- Cambridge, MA, USA
McCright is a national leader and a trusted partner of choice for public housing authorities who demand product and service excellence. After conducting more than 2,000,000 inspections across the nation, McCright understands the unique needs of the housing industry and the flexibility needs of our employees.
Corporately based in beautiful Chattanooga, Tennessee, McCright & Associates is an American company and proudly operating as a woman and veteran owned enterprise.
McCright services include:
- HQS Inspection Services
- UPCS Inspections Services
- SEMAP Reviews
- PHA Policy Consulting
- HCV Program Management Services
- Remote Recertification Services
- Rent Determination and Negotiation
Housing Quality Standards (HQS) Inspector
Partnering with the Director of Field Operations, the position of the HQS Inspector will conduct HQS inspections on a Part-Time basis. Your scope is to follow the guidelines of HUD's Housing Quality Standards and the contracted Housing Authority’s administrative plan. All inspector candidates are required to complete online and field training as well as successfully passing the final HQS certification exam before being considered for the team.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
1. Pull schedule and inspection information for upcoming work shift.
2. Conduct all types of inspections: Initial, Annual, Complaint, Abatement, and Re-Inspections
3. Collect and transmit data using the hand-held tablet.
4. Safely travel between inspections.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Excellent interpersonal skills.
2. Moderate to excellent computer ability.
3. Current driver’s license. Must be available to drive during all working hours.
4. Have dependable transportation and maintain adequate automobile liability insurance on vehicle used to perform job.
5. Knowledge of the general operations and procedures of a Public Housing Agency (PHA) and of local, state, and federal regulations governing subsidized housing programs is a big plus.
6. Proven proficiency of modern equipment including cell phones, tablets, scanners, printers, computers, GPS or other hand-held devices.
7. Prepare and present ideas in a clear and concise manner, both orally and in written form.
8. Establish, maintain and promote effective working relationships with departmental employees, co-workers, vendors, consultants, contractors and landlords/tenants; display ability to effectively communicate with people from a broad range of socio-economic backgrounds.
9. Ability to work productively in a variety of working conditions and environments.
10. Ability to complete McCright's HQS training program and pass the final certification exam.
Moderate work: Must have the ability to walk 3-5 miles per day, bend and stoop, climb stairs, carry a 2 lbs. tablet and make observations in all levels of lighting.
1. High School diploma or GED.
2. Completion of Inspector Training Classes, achievement of lead-based paint visual assessment course or other HQS certification exams in the past is a big plus.
All positions are PRODUCTION-BASED (based on completed inspections)
Based on average production levels, you can earn approximately $20-$25 most hours.
BENEFITS - Dental and vision insurance is available for all level of inspectors. Inspectors classified as full-time will be eligible for paid vacation, employee health insurance, and nine paid holidays.