Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), Community Health - FT w/ Excellent Benefits
The McClendon Center, founded in 1980, is a certified community-based service provider operating under the District of Columbia Department of Behavioral Health. As a leading not-for-profit organization in Washington, DC, the McClendon Center provides outpatient behavioral rehabilitation to the mentally ill by fostering creativity, promoting friendship, instilling independence, and providing an outlet for emotional growth and greater participation in the community.
Nursing is the cornerstone of the healthcare system, but especially in the mental health sector. Mental health has never been such a highly discussed topic as it is today, and nurses are contributing to the high-quality care that every diagnosed client deserves. In concert with psychiatrists, case managers, and other care professionals, nurses are necessary to ensure holistic health care is prioritized in the overall care plan of each diagnosed client.
Individuals who require nursing assessment and management of acute, chronic and behavioral health diagnosis.
Residential Nurse Case Management:
- Providing excellent care within clients homes.
- Conduct physical assessments
- Patient/Family Education
- Connecting patient to services
- No OASIS assessment or documentation.
- Consistent work schedule, M-F and time off every Federal Holiday.
- Competitive starting salary w/ FREE health and dental options - take all of your money home.
- Success in the position requires compassionate and respectful care.
- Work in partnership with a highly skilled psychiatric team.
- Case Management – contribute to the improved health of clients’.
• Graduation from an accredited nursing program.
• Current licensure as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) in the District of Columbia.
• Must have a current CPR Certification.
• One year of experience in psychiatric nursing preferred, with chronic disease management experience.
• Health promotion and prevention experience preferred but not required.
At the McClendon Center you will find powerful resources for career-long success, including:
• Competitive base salary based on experience.
• Excellent benefits including 100% employer-paid Medical, Dental, Vision, Short & Long Term
• Disability & Life Insurance.
• Employer Contributions Towards 403(b)
• Generous Vacation and Sick Leave
• AFLAC Supplemental Benefits
• EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
• Company Paid Holidays
• Extensive field training
• Opportunity for supervision
Physical Demands: The position requires moderate physical effort on a daily basis such as walking, bending, stooping and standing for periods of time.
If you are ready for a new challenge in your professional career, submit your cover letter and resume online.
Resumes are reviewed on a rolling basis.
Failure to attach a cover letter and/or a resume may disqualify you from further consideration.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
McClendon Center is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin, sex, marital status, religion, or disability.
No phone calls, please. Note: McClendon Center is not accepting resumes or referrals from agencies. If you are a recruiter, search firm, or employment agency, you will not be compensated in any way for your referral of a candidate even if McClendon Center hires the candidate.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.