Psychiatric Medication Clinic RN
- 1338 North Capitol St NW # 201, Washington, D.C, United States
The McClendon Center, founded in 1980, is a certified community based service provider operating under the District of Columbia Department of Behavioral Health. As a leading not-for-profit organization in Washington, DC, the McClendon Center provides outpatient behavioral rehabilitation to the mentally ill by fostering creativity, promoting friendship, instilling independence, and providing an outlet for emotional growth and greater participation in the community. Accredited by Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO), the McClendon Center operates two programs: Day Program Services and the Core Services Agency (CSA).
Nursing is the cornerstone of the healthcare system, but especially in the mental health sector. Mental health has never been such a highly discussed topic as it is today, and nurses are contributing to the high-quality care that every diagnosed client deserves. In concert with psychiatrists, case managers, and other care professionals, nurses are necessary to ensure holistic health care is prioritized in the overall care plan of each diagnosed client.
- RN working in a busy and fast-paced, behavioral health outpatient clinic serving an at-risk adult population.
- Ability to triage and assess clients via the phone and in-person
- Position requires seeing clients via tele-health, in the clinic, and in the community as needed.
- Success in the position requires compassionate and respectful care.
- Work in partnership with a highly skilled psychiatric team.
- Case Management – contribute to the improved health of clients’.
- Graduation from an accredited nursing program and current licensure as a Registered Nurse (R.N.) in the District of Columbia.
- Experience with triaging clients highly desired
- Must have a current CPR Certification, driver’s license, and car
- One year of experience in psychiatric nursing preferred, with chronic disease management experience.
- Proficient in the use of computers, Microsoft Word and Outlook. Experience with Excel is desired.
At the McClendon Center, you will find powerful resources for career-long success, including:
• Competitive base salary based on experience
• Excellent benefits including 100% employer-paid Medical, Dental, Vision, Short & Long Term Disability & Life Insurance.
• Employer Contributions Towards 403(b)
• Generous Vacation and Sick Leave
• AFLAC Supplemental Benefits
• EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
• Company Paid Holidays
• Extensive field training
• Opportunity for supervision
· If you are ready for a new challenge in your professional career, submit your resume online.
Physical Demands: The position requires moderate physical effort on a daily basis such as walking, bending, stooping and standing for periods of time.
McClendon Center is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin, sex, marital status, religion, or disability.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.