OSOP Community Recovery Coach
- 1313 New York Ave NW, Washington, DC 20005, USA
McClendon Center is recruiting candidates for the OSOP Community Recovery Coach role and those who successfully pass the screening will be interviewed.
The OSOP Community Recovery Coach is an integral part of the SBIRT team that is designated to conduct outreach and engagement to survivors of an opioid overdose after discharge and referral from the emergency department. This individual provides non-clinical services intended to aid patients in establishing recovery and reducing the risk associated with a subsequent overdose.
- The OSOP Community Recovery Coach will assist in completing referrals to recovery support and substance use treatment services as well as developing service plans to promote successful linkage to referred services.
- Services will primarily be provided in the community, however, the Coach may meet patients in the ED to assure successful continuity in care.
Note: Right now, peers are not going out into the community for face-to-face contact, due to COVID-19. Follow-up is currently being done through phone calls and video conferencing (when available).
Candidates with documented work history, related training, and any other certifications (such as CPR) will be given preference.
In order to be considered for employment, the candidate must have:
- A Certificate as a Peer Specialist, OR
- A Certificate as a Recovery Coach, OR
- Have at least two years of clean time and recovery from a substance use disorder.
Resumes are reviewed on a rolling basis.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
McClendon Center is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin, sex, marital status, religion, or disability.
No phone calls, please. Note: McClendon Center is not accepting resumes or referrals from agencies. If you are a recruiter, search firm, or employment agency, you will not be compensated in any way for your referral of a candidate even if McClendon Center hires the candidate.