Registered Nurse (R.N.) - Mental Health Clinic
- 1338 North Capitol St NW, Washington, DC 20002, USA
The McClendon Center, founded in 1980, is a certified community based service provider operating under the District of Columbia Department of Behavioral Health. As a leading not-for-profit organization in Washington, DC, the McClendon Center provides outpatient behavioral rehabilitation to the mentally ill by fostering creativity, promoting friendship, instilling independence, and providing an outlet for emotional growth and greater participation in the community. Accredited by Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO), the McClendon Center operates two programs: Day Program Services and the Core Services Agency (CSA).
Nursing is the cornerstone of the healthcare system, but especially in the mental health sector. Mental health has never been such a highly discussed topic as it is today, and nurses are contributing to the high-quality care that every diagnosed client deserves. In concert with psychiatrists, case managers, and other care professionals, nurses are necessary to ensure holistic health care is prioritized in the overall care plan of each diagnosed client.
- Consistent work schedule, M-F with NO weekends and time off every Federal Holiday.
- Competitive starting salary w/ FREE health and dental options - take all of your money home.
- Busy and fast-paced, outpatient clinic serving an at-risk adult population.
- The work isn't glamorous (as seen on T.V.), but it is REWARDING!
- Success in the position requires compassionate and respectful care.
- Work in partnership with a highly skilled psychiatric team.
- Case Management – contribute to the improved health of clients’.
Do you ever wish your Student Loans would disappear?
Working at McClendon Center qualifies you for the non-profit student loan forgiveness program. After making all monthly, scheduled payments your remaining balance is wiped away.
• Graduation from an accredited nursing program.
• Current licensure as a Registered Nurse (R.N.) in the District of Columbia.
• Must have a current CPR Certification.
• One year of experience in psychiatric nursing preferred, with chronic disease management experience.
• Health promotion and prevention experience preferred but not required.
• Competitive base salary based on experience, up to $75,000.
• Excellent benefits including 100% employer-paid Medical, Dental, Vision, Short & Long Term Disability & Life Insurance.
• Employer Contributions Towards 403(b)
• Generous Vacation and Sick Leave
• AFLAC Supplemental Benefits
• EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
• Company Paid Holidays
• Extensive field training
• Opportunity for supervision
Physical Demands: The position requires moderate physical effort on a daily basis such as walking, bending, stooping and standing for periods of time.
McClendon Center is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin, sex, marital status, religion, or disability.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.