Care Manager (R.N. or LICSW or LPC)
- 1338 North Capitol St NW, Washington, DC 20002, USA
The McClendon Center, founded in 1980, is a certified community based service provider operating under the District of Columbia Department of Behavioral Health. As a leading not-for-profit organization in Washington, DC, the McClendon Center provides outpatient behavioral rehabilitation to the mentally ill by fostering creativity, promoting friendship, instilling independence, and providing an outlet for emotional growth and greater participation in the community. Accredited by Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO), the McClendon Center operates two programs: Day Program Services and the Core Services Agency (CSA).
The Care Manager works on behalf of AmeriHealth Caritas DC, a Medicaid Managed Care Organization. AmeriHealth provides telephonic and in-person care management services for its members. As a delegated entity, McClendon Center performs this function through its Care Managers. Most services, including assessment, treatment planning, and service delivery, are provided over the phone; about one-fourth of services are face-to-face. Members are referred by AmeriHealth. Each is assessed by a Care Manager, and then a plan of care created. The Care Manager maintains contact with the member throughout their engagement to ensure that they are following the plan of care, or amending it as needed to meet the member’s needs.
- Provide clinical assessment of referred members within 48 hours of referral.
- Develop a post-assessment plan of care for a caseload of no more than 130 members.
- Identify and refer members to outside agencies for additional services and resources.
- Follow-up with the referred member as often as necessary, to ensure the full execution of the plan of care.
- Ensure that a maximum of 75% of services are delivered telephonically, and a minimum of 25% are delivered face-to-face and in the community.
- Schedule: 9 am to 5 pm when working weekdays,12 pm to 8 pm one day per week (M - Th), and one Saturday every four weeks (9 am to 5 pm).
- Active drivers' license, fully operable vehicle and active, current auto insurance.
- Requires that candidate must be licensed as a Registered Nurse (RN) or Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker (LICSW) or Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) in the District of Columbia.
- Demonstrated experience in assessment and service delivery.
- Must have clinical management knowledge, data analysis, conflict resolution, and excellent writing skills.
- Ability to coordinate with a multi-disciplinary team within an outpatient mental health agency.
- Knowledge of sound ethical clinical practice and principles.
- A superior communicator, who shares information readily and concisely, listens as well as gives advice and respects the abilities of others.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills, to include operating Microsoft Office Suite programs.
- Knowledge and ability to navigate an Electronic Medical Record (EMR), including data entry.
- Ability to perform amicably in an environment serving the seriously and persistently mentally ill adult population.
At the McClendon Center you will find powerful resources for career-long success, including:
• A competitive starting base salary range of $78,500 - $80,500 annually (based on experience).
• FREE health and dental insurance options, life insurance, short & long term disability, Employee Assistance Program, Federal Holidays OFF, and more.
• Training and constant professional support and career development.
• A package of comprehensive benefits including health and wellness, four weeks combined sick and vacation leave, 403(b) retirement contributions, and life insurance.
• The latest technology and work tools including a laptop and iPhone.
If you are ready for a new challenge in your professional career, submit your cover letter and resume online. Failure to attach a cover and/or a resume may disqualify you from further consideration.
Physical Demands: The position requires moderate physical effort on a daily basis such as walking, bending, stooping and standing for periods of time.
McClendon Center is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin, sex, marital status, religion, or disability.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.