Office Coordinator - Medical Clinic
- Washington, DC, USA
The McClendon Center, founded in 1980, is a certified community based service provider operating under the District of Columbia Department of Behavioral Health. As a leading not-for-profit organization in Washington, DC, the McClendon Center provides outpatient behavioral rehabilitation to the mentally ill by fostering creativity, promoting friendship, instilling independence, and providing an outlet for emotional growth and greater participation in the community. Accredited by Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO), the McClendon Center operates two programs: Day Program Services and the Core Services Agency (CSA).
The Office Coordinator, Medical Clinic must be a highly energetic individual who is willing to work in a clinic setting with persons with mental illness. Maintaining confidentiality, being a team player and making work a priority are paramount to this position. The Office Coordinator is directly responsible for providing excellence in both internal and external customer service and ensuring a smooth and efficient operation of the front office.
Office Hours: 8:30 AM - 5 PM
● Greet visitors and employees entering the office.
● Operate a multi-line phone system, including screening calls and taking messages.
● Navigate and manage confidential data in an Electronic Medical Record (EMR).
● Assist nursing staff, case managers and other staff in managing client movement throughout the
● Assist in the coordination of care for Doctors, Therapists, and Community Support Specialists.
● Schedule psychiatric and medical appointments for clients.
● Communicate with outside entities such as medical or psychiatric providers, on
behalf of the Center.
● Provide patient mobility assistance, as requested.
● Provide administrative support by collecting and distributing faxes, document filing, creating/maintaining documents in Microsoft Office, copying.
● Maintain supply inventory for the medical clinic and main waiting area (office supplies, cleaning materials, etc.).
● Maintain the confidentiality of consumers at all times and operate within the
Code of Ethics of the United States Psychiatric Rehabilitation Association.
● Develop familiarity with JCAHO, Medicaid, and Department of Mental Health standards and compliance requirements, and assists as needed in maintaining JCAHO accreditation, Medicaid compliance, and MHRS certification.
● Manage patient flow ensuring enough time for client and family education.
● Document procedures and interactions in clients’ medical record.
● Participate in continuing education, required meetings, and on committees as requested.
● Navigate clients onto and off of an elevator with knowledge of navigating a wheelchair and/or other mobility devices.
● Complete nursing support functions as trained and/or licensed to provide
● Liaise with pharmacies and insurance companies, as required.
● High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
● One to three years of administrative support experience required, preferably in a mental health or medical setting.
● Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) or similar credential highly desired.
● Knowledge of customer service principles and practices.
● Knowledge of a mental health or social services non-profit organization.
● Skill in the operation of a computer and related software including Microsoft Office and an electronic medical record (EMR).
● Ability to apply critical thinking skills to determine priority needs.
● Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing with a diverse population. Must be detailed and
● Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
● Ability to exercise discretion and ensure a high-level of confidentiality.
● Ability to perform amicably in an environment serving seriously and persistently
mentally ill adult consumers.
Salary (based on experience): $30K - $35K annually + benefits
Physical Demands: The position requires moderate physical effort on a daily basis such as walking, bending, stooping and standing for periods of time. The position will require sitting for long periods of time.
McClendon Center is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin, sex, marital status, religion, or disability.