Certified Medical Assistant (FT)
- Washington, DC, USA
The McClendon Center, founded in 1980, is a certified community based service provider operating under the District of Columbia Department of Behavioral Health. As a leading not-for-profit organization in Washington, DC, the McClendon Center provides outpatient behavioral rehabilitation to the mentally ill by fostering creativity, promoting friendship, instilling independence, and providing an outlet for emotional growth and greater participation in the community. Accredited by Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO), the McClendon Center operates two programs: Day Program Services and the Core Services Agency (CSA).
● Greet visitors and employees entering the office.
● Operate a multi-line phone system, including screening calls and taking messages.
● Navigate and manage confidential data in an Electronic Medical Record (EMR).
● Assist in the coordination of care for Doctors, Therapists, and Community Support Specialists.
● Schedule psychiatric and medical appointments for clients.
● Communicate with outside entities such as medical or psychiatric providers, on behalf of the Center.
● Provide patient mobility assistance, as requested.
● Provide administrative support by collecting and distributing faxes, document filing, creating/maintaining documents in Microsoft Office, copying, and mail distribution.
● Maintain the confidentiality of consumers at all times and operate within the Code of Ethics of the United States Psychiatric Rehabilitation Association.
● Develop familiarity with JCAHO, Medicaid, and Department of Mental Health standards and compliance requirements, and assists as needed in maintaining JCAHO accreditation, Medicaid compliance, and MHRS certification.
● Obtain and record client’s vital signs and other appropriate information, such as height, weight, drug allergies, current medications and presenting problem.
● Assist with diagnostic tests and clinical procedures to appropriate level of training and established procedures.•Participate in employee health and immunization•Administer injections per route as ordered
● Manage patient flow ensuring enough time for client and family education.
● Document procedures and interactions in clients’ medical record.
● Actively participate in continuing education, required meetings, and participate in committees as requested.
● Liaise with pharmacies, as required.
● High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
● Completion of an approved Medical Assistant Program with certification.
● Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) certification.
One to three years of administrative support experience required, preferably in a mental health or medical setting.
Physical Demands: The position requires moderate physical effort on a daily basis such as walking, bending, stooping and standing for periods of time.
McClendon Center is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin, sex, marital status, religion, or disability.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.