- 2305 S 1070 West, Salt Lake City, UT
Maxtec is a leading innovator of products for respiratory care, specializing in oxygen sensors and analyzers. Medical professionals and patients value Maxtec’s variety of products for their quality and accuracy. We are worldwide leader in the manufacturing of oxygen sensing, delivery, and analysis equipment.
Maxtec continues to pursue excellence in the development of new products, committing to the principle that oxygen must be measured with the utmost accuracy. We strive to continue to produce better methods of measuring oxygen and protecting patients worldwide.
WORKING AT MAXTEC
At Maxtec, we believe everyone deserves the opportunity to share ideas and create positive change in the world. Through the work we do every day, we empower our team members and healthcare professionals around the world.
Each member of the Maxtec team brings their own personality, background, and experiences. United by our common goal, we are one. We inspire and encourage one another to be the best we can be. At Maxtec, we foster an environment where creativity is valued and challenges are taken as opportunities for growth.
The Electrical Engineer will work with product design engineering and manufacturing on new product development, product enhancement, material obsolescence, and production support for electromechanical devices. The Electrical Engineer is responsible for supporting product improvements through adherence to established design control processes and through good engineering and documentation practices. The key responsibility of this position is to exercise judgment and take action while adhering to defined procedures during project support & improvements.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Create schematics, board layouts, simulation, debugging, outsource for fabrication, testing, and validations for product and in-process test hardware
- Define and implement new product test plans, procedures and processes
- Provide product training and troubleshooting support to in-house technical personnel
- Perform debug and troubleshooting of product as needed to maintain product demands and to understand failure root cause
- Support project timelines and milestones and bring them to completion on time and within budget
- Diagnose and provide feedback for product nonconformance, CAPAs, and customer complaints
Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications
- Proficiency in circuit design, schematics and layout tools. Well-versed with various design and simulation tools for PCB boards (such as OrCAD, Eagle, PSpice).
- Capable to perform component level, PCB level, and system level testing.
- Capable to find alternative sources for obsolete electronic components, compare data sheets and make decisions as to what level of testing and circuit simulation is necessary (prototyping, analysis, testing).
- Must have the ability to identify process variation, propose viable corrective actions, and create implementation plans.
- Experience with product validations, IQ/OQ/PQ and design controls.
- Strong statistical and analytical skills are required for this position. Technical writing skills for engineering reporting are also needed.
- Able to complete a project independently or with a team.
- Able to organize and prioritize workload under pressure and time constraints.
- Able to communicate and interface effectively with other functional groups of the company.
- Strong problem solving skills such as: Analysis, Research, Creativity, Communication, Dependability, and Decision-making.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Electronics Engineering
- 3 years’ experience, preferably in the Medical Device industry
- Programming experience of any kind with Arduino, C++, Python, Labview or any other major programming language
- Analog circuit design
- Soldering experience: lead-free, through-hole and reflow
- Experience with a document control system such as MasterControl
- Six-Sigma Methodology (DOE, Process Capability, Gage R&R, etc.) - use of Minitab Software for analysis
- Experience with database design and implementation
- Statistical analysis and/or digital signal processing experience
- Experience with SolidWorks and SolidWorks PDM
- 3D printing experience: FDM, and SLA
BENEFITS OF WORKING HERE
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Life Insurance
- Long-term disability
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Company sponsored events