- 2305 South 1070 West, Salt Lake City, Utah, us
Maxtec is a leading innovator of products for respiratory care, specializing in oxygen sensors and analyzers. Medical professionals and patients value Maxtec’s variety of products for their quality and accuracy. We are a worldwide leader in the manufacturing of oxygen sensing, delivery, and analysis equipment.
Maxtec continues to pursue excellence in the development of new products, committing to the principle that oxygen must be measured with the utmost accuracy. We strive to continue to produce better methods of measuring oxygen and protecting patients worldwide.
WORKING AT MAXTEC
At Maxtec, we believe everyone should have the opportunity to create positive change in the world. Through the work we do everyday, we empower healthcare professionals around the world.
Each member of our team brings their own personality, background, and experiences, but united by our common mission, we are one. We don’t let office politics distract us from our goal; we inspire one another to be the best we can be. Maxtec is an environment where creativity is valued and challenges are seen as opportunities to grow.
The Accounting Manager is responsible for all things relating to financial health of Maxtec. This position is responsible for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements. This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, financial reporting, year end audit preparation and the support of budget and forecast activities. The Accounting Manager will work closely with Maxtec's CEO, CFO and COO, along with assign all departments with company financial matters. This perons requires strong interpersonal communication skills both written and verbal. Having a cool head and strong work ethic are additional points in your favor.
- Collection and preparation of financial data
- Maintain and correct general ledger accounts
- Internal and external month end financial reports
- Managing all Biznet financial reports
- Monitoring of company financial status
- Monitor budget, cash flow, revenues and report to various company departments
- Bank account reconciliation
- Printing and distributing timecards, final time card review and distributing payroll
- Maintaining payroll system
- Calculate employee 401K contributions and employer match
- Assist the collection and preparation of purchase orders; check requests, invoice review, and etc.
- Month end close and making any necessary entries
- Filing Quarterly Sales Tax returns
- Accounts Receivable:
- Making customer credit decisions
- Accounts receivable invoicing, billing, payment application, & collections
- Credit card reconciliation and payment application
- Evaluating customer credit applications and assigning appropriate credit limit
- Five years general accounting experience
- Two years accounts receivable/payable experience
REQUIRED EDUCATION, COMPETENCE, TRAINING AND KNOWLEDGE
- Education – Four year business degree in accounting or equivalent direct accounting experience
- Computer skills; i.e., spreadsheets, word processing, general ledger systems
BENEFITS OF WORKING HERE
- Maxtec is a growing company with new and exciting opportunities
- Team atmosphere where people are passionate about what they do
- Health, Dental, Life and short term and long term disability
- 401K matching
- Paid vacations and Holidays