Director of Sales
- 7385 Hwy 13 W, Savage, MN 55378, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Since 2014 Maverick Drone Systems is changing the world by the way we see, inspect, navigate, analyze and survey critical infrastructure by activating and deploying all things unmanned.
Maverick Drone Systems is a leading distributor and retailer of innovative drone systems in the USA, designed to bring a broad portfolio of integrated, enterprise-class drones and services to market. Each system offers a compelling set of discrete capabilities. When platforms are fused together, those capabilities are amplified, enabling us to create configurable systems that not only meet the requirements of our customers, but launch business and industry transformation. We offer hardware, software, training, repair, and drones as a service.
UAS fields of operation: inspection of infrastructure, law enforcement, public safety, disaster/crowd control, agriculture/ micro farming, security/surveillance, crisis management, news/media/entertainment.
Do you like drones? Do you want to be a pioneer and join the front lines of using drone technology to enable smarter decisions in business? Are you an experienced sales professional with a track record of meeting and exceeding quotas? Are you excited about the value Unmanned Systems and geographic information science (GIS) technology can bring to the energy industry? Fantastic!
Maverick Drone Systems is dedicated to changing the way businesses view their assets and manage resources. To extract the true commercial value of drones, we must continue to advance a multifaceted technology that includes advanced robotics, robust software, and rich data. If you have extensive experience selling into the energy enterprise industry and you are looking for an opportunity to join a fast-growing technology company in an exciting industry, this could be the role for you.
We have an opportunity for a Director of Sales- North America focused on selling the Energy Sector. At Maverick Drone Systems, we are changing the way enterprises interact with the world by delivering actionable intelligence on their physical assets. Our work is pushing the boundaries of what is possible with geographic information systems (GIS), processing data in new ways that solve businesses’ toughest problems. We are building technologies that change the way we view and interact with the world. Our teams consistently push the boundaries of what is possible with drone technology, and we pride ourselves on finding new ways to process data to solve real global problems.
What You'll Do as a Director of Sales, you are a self-motivated, energetic player-coach with a proven track record of developing and leading teams that drive and close sales. You have the ability to prospect, identify and manage an opportunity through all phases of the sales cycle - and can teach these skills to others.
Specific responsibilities for the Director of Sales include:
• Recruiting, onboarding, coaching and developing field-based Enterprise Sales Executives and Enterprise Sales Managers
• Using a deep understanding of the unmanned systems in North America to lead a sales team to strategically prospect, target and sell our commercial drone platform to the largest prospect organizations in all vertical markets
• Ensuring that sales team members develop and maintain an annual territory plan
• Coaching sales team members to utilize an account specific strategy and solution selling techniques to develop and secure client opportunities
• Teaching sales team members to work effectively in partnership with leadership and internal departments
• Leading a team that manages an entire sales cycle including, prospecting, cold calling, coordinating meetings, conducting platform demonstrations, proposing solutions to client problems (both verbally and in writing), negotiating contracts and managing the ongoing relationship with the client
• Serving as the Executive Relationship Manager to our highest value prospects and clients
• Meeting and exceeding set sales targets while adhering to Maverick’s sales rules of engagement
• Modelling best practices in sales and client management
• Leveraging Maverick’s sales support tools to ensure that sales team members accurately track their pipelines and effectively forecast sales bookings on a quarterly basis
• Keeping abreast of competition, competitive issues and products
• Ensuring that the team has strong working relationships with key internal stakeholders
• 10+ years’ experience working in the Enterprise market, including 7+ years of experience in a sales role of which at least 3 years were in Sales management.
• Successful track record of meeting sales goals in Mid-Market and Enterprise companies for selling both services and software solutions.
• Proven track record of cultivating new relationships, infiltrating accounts, and managing partnerships
• Demonstrated understanding of current/future trends in North America in the unmanned systems space
• Proven track record of leading a sales team to achieve and exceed sales bookings targets in a high growth environment
• Proven ability to navigate internal departments to produce results for clients and company
• Demonstrated ability to influence and negotiate complex situations
• Ability to adapt to changes quickly, proposing and implementing thoughtful solutions
• Independent person with entrepreneurial spirit
• Strong written, verbal, presentation and phone communication skills
• Strategic selling skills – creating a business plan, assessing a territory, qualifying targets and prioritizing sales efforts
• Excellent time management and personal organization skills
• Open to 50% Domestic travel
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.