- 7385 Hwy 13 W, Savage, MN 55378, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Since 2014 Maverick Drone Systems is changing the world by the way we see, inspect, navigate, analyze and survey critical infrastructure by activating and deploying all things unmanned.
Maverick Drone Systems is a leading distributor and retailer of innovative drone systems in the USA, designed to bring a broad portfolio of integrated, enterprise-class drones and services to market. Each system offers a compelling set of discrete capabilities. When platforms are fused together, those capabilities are amplified, enabling us to create configurable systems that not only meet the requirements of our customers, but launch business and industry transformation. We offer hardware, software, training, repair, and drones as a service.
UAS fields of operation: inspection of infrastructure, law enforcement, public safety, disaster/crowd control, agriculture/ micro farming, security/surveillance, crisis management, news/media/entertainment.
The Corporate Counsel role provides broad-based legal and compliance support throughout Maverick, with attention to detail, a proactive and practical approach to the impact of law on business, and a dedication to customer service. This is a corporate generalist position supporting Maverick’s business teams on a variety of day-to-day legal matters, including contract negotiation, initiatives surrounding data privacy, marketing, and compliance, corporate transactions, and other legal matters.
RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
• Provide high-quality, proactive, service- and business-oriented legal advice and service on a wide variety of legal matters.
• Draft, review, and negotiate a wide variety of agreements and contracts, including independent sales agreements and distribution, license and collaboration agreements, and supply agreements.
• Develop templates and provide training to business leaders involved in contract negotiation and management.
• Work with the General Counsel on compliance matters addressing the wide array of regulations. Draft, review and update compliance policies and procedures.
• Provide support in a variety of marketing initiatives, including legal review of marketing collateral, implementation assistance, and sweepstakes analysis.
• Assist with data privacy compliance and policy implementation.
• Assist with e-commerce initiatives
• Assist the General Counsel and outside counsel as needed on mergers, acquisitions and investment activities, including due diligence support and integration post-acquisition.
• Undertake other ad hoc projects as assigned by the General Counsel as necessary to support business initiatives.
• J.D. with strong academic credentials
• Current attorney license in good standing in at least one state.
• 3-7 years of varied corporate law experience
• Proven negotiation, drafting and analytical skills
• Proficiency in pragmatically gauging legal and financial risk and weighing such risk against company needs and objectives
• Driven and self-motivated with a strong desire for customer service and excellence
• Demonstrated ability to work efficiently, prioritize workflow, meet deadlines, and manage multi-faceted projects in a fast-paced environment
• Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with business leaders and other professionals and colleagues at all levels of an organization while utilizing excellent business and legal judgment in complex situations
• Strong, pragmatic problem-solving business acumen with the ability to be adaptable and flexible in his/her approach and thrive in a fast paced, dynamic and high-energy environment
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Advocacy and negotiating skills
• A team player and culture builder
• A business partner, enabler and strategist
• Ability to work collaboratively and as a member of a team while empowering business leaders and colleagues and emphasizing accountability
• Unquestioned integrity, credibility and judgment
• Current attorney license in good standing in Minnesota
• Corporate law experience in both a law firm and in-house corporate setting
• Familiarity with unmanned systems, aerospace, data security and privacy laws, including implementing data privacy and protection policies
Typical/expected % of overnight travel: 10%.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.