Front End Developer
- 1500 4th Ave, Seattle, WA 98101, USA
Maven is a media coalition of professional content destinations (“mavens”), operating exclusively on a shared digital publishing, advertising and distribution platform, providing a major media scale alternative to news and information distributed on social platforms.
We are looking for programmers with a keen eye for design. Front End Developers are responsible for designing, building and maintaining Maven web server and client renderers, building new features, optimizing web applications to ensure optimal usage of network and CPU resources and maintaining brand consistency across all web pages.
Front End Developers are responsible for a variety of technical considerations, ranging from legal (GDPR, CCPA, etc), security, user experience and interactivity. They are required to work in teams alongside Full Stack Developers, Graphic Designers and User Experience Designers to ensure all elements of the web applications are consistent. This requires excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Design, develop and maintain core web rendering platforms
- Work with PMs and UX to design new application features, build out those features and support them on an on-going basis
- Build polished user experiences that build Maven brand sentiment with users
- Design features for both anonymous and logged in users
- Create standalone and reusable components
- Support a variety of modern browsers and devices
- Consider legal, security, marketing, and other business requirements
- Work harmoniously with other engineers following Maven’s established software development practices and tools (git workflows, pull requests, coding standards, etc.)
- Degree in Computer Science or 4 years of industry experience
- Expert proficiency with at least three of HTML5, CSS3, Node, TypeScript, Webpack, NP
- Expert proficiency with at least one of React, Vue, Angular, Svelte, Web Component
- Expert proficiency with responsive web design.
- Proficiency with Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, ElasticSearch a string plus
- Good Understanding of SEO principles
- Good problem solving skills
- Good verbal communication and interpersonal skills
Snapshot of Benefits
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Retirement Savings Plan (401K)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Reimbursement for business cell phone use per company policy
- Employee Stock Option Plan (Publicly Traded Company - MVEN)
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- 11 Paid Holidays
Maven is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive and innovative environment. We provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.