Associate Manager - Indirect Procurement
- 333 Continental Blvd, El Segundo, California
- Location: California - El Segundo
- Company: Mattel HQ, Inc.
CREATIVITY IS OUR SUPERPOWER. It’s our heritage and it’s also our future. Because we don’t just make toys. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. Mattel is at its best when every member of our team feels respected, included, and heard—when everyone can show up as themselves and do their best work every day. We value and share an infinite range of ideas and voices that evolve and broaden our perspectives with a reach that extends into all our brands, partners, and suppliers.
This role will support and manage the strategic sourcing and category management activities associated with (but not limited to) the primary categories below:
· Human Resources: Contingent Workforce (entertainment production a plus), Payroll, Benefits, experience with suppliers such as PRO, Tapfin, TalentWave, Knowledge Services, Clients & Profits, etc.
· Financial Services: Global Corporate Card, P-Card Programs, Virtual Cards, Tax Programs, etc.
· Professional Services: Consultants, Insurance, Legal, etc.
· Facilities: Rent, Maintenance, Repairs, and Operations
· Information Technology: Support function to IT category
What Your Impact Will Be:
- Effectively partner with key business stakeholders to develop and execute category strategies and support on-going sourcing activities.
- Identify value improvement and costs savings opportunities across spend categories to achieve annual financial targets.
- Provide internal business partners with clear insight into cost drivers, risks, and opportunities.
- Lead cross-function teams to manage complex strategic sourcing initiatives which include but not limited to gathering sourcing requirements, vendor screening, preparing and conducting complex RFx’s, negotiations, manage supplier relationships, and contract development and execution.
- Conduct market analysis, cost modeling, and financial risk assessments.
- Drive a consistent approach towards sourcing process including procure-to-pay, contract management, process and system improvement, and customer service.
- Build and maintain collaborative partnerships with internal stakeholders through active listening and problem solving to gain a position of influence as a trusted advisor.
- Maintain collaborative relationships with suppliers while effectively resolving supplier performance/capability issues to ensure alignment with internal stakeholder expectations and contractual obligations.
- Create and facilitate Strategic Relationship Management (SRM) programs for categories/key supplier partnerships.
- Support adhoc initiatives outside of Corporate Services category as needed.
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or 5+ years experience in procurement/strategic sourcing
- Certification in supply chain, procurement, and/or MBA a plus.
- Knowledge and experience with an ERP system such as Coupa S2P system is highly preferred.
- Exceptional problem solving, strategic planning, critical thinking, analytical, ability to deal with ambiguity, and risk management skills
- Ability to work independently and self-motivated.
- High level of integrity, ethics, and fiscal responsibility
What It’s Like to Work Here:
We are a purpose driven company aiming to empower the next generation to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential. We live up to our purpose employing the following behaviors:
- We collaborate: Being a part of Mattel means being part of one team with shared values and common goals. Every person counts and working closely together always brings better results. Partnership is our process and our collective capabilities is our superpower.
- We innovate: At Mattel we always aim to find new and better ways to create innovative products and experiences. No matter where you work in the organization, you can always make a difference and have real impact. We welcome new ideas and value new initiatives that challenge conventional thinking.
- We execute: We are a performance driven company. We strive for excellence and are focused on pursuing best in class outcomes. We believe in accountability and ownership and know that our people are at their best when they are empowered to create and deliver results.
Who We Are:
Mattel is a leading global toy company and owner of one of the strongest catalogs of children’s and family entertainment franchises in the world. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic brands, including Barbie, Hot Wheels, Fisher-Price, American Girl, Thomas & Friends, UNO and MEGA, as well as other popular intellectual properties that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 35 locations and our products are available in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world’s leading retail and ecommerce companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in empowering children to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential.
Visit us at https://jobs.mattel.com/ and www.instagram.com/MattelCareers.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer where we want you to bring your authentic self to work every day. We welcome all job seekers including minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and those of all sexual orientations and gender identities.