Associate Manager, Global Brand Marketing (Barbie)
- 333 Continental Blvd, El Segundo, California
- Location: California - El Segundo
- Company: Mattel Sales Corp.
CREATIVITY IS OUR SUPERPOWER. It’s our heritage and it’s also our future. Because we don’t just make toys. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. Mattel is at its best when every member of our team feels respected, included, and heard—when everyone can show up as themselves and do their best work every day. We value and share an infinite range of ideas and voices that evolve and broaden our perspectives with a reach that extends into all our brands, partners, and suppliers.
The Associate Manager, Global Brand Marketing will be working on the Global Marketing Team to assist with setting the global brand content strategy and developing content marketing plans for regional teams to execute in market. The Associate Marketing Manager will be a pivotal member who will provide strategic thinking and drive key planning and activations across a variety of platforms and initiatives. Skills needed to succeed in this role include:
• Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
• Excellent communication skills (including written communication and oral presentations to small and large audiences)
• Nimble and flexible thinking, ability to quickly learn and apply new ways of thinking
• A solutions-oriented, can-do attitude, a passion for variety, and adept at juggling multiple tasks and programs at once, without losing sight of key details
• Strong interpersonal skills and skilled relationship management are crucial
• Ability to clearly communicate POV and inspire confidence among cross-functional teams
• Assist on programs end-to-end: craft a compelling vision and strategy, be creative yet analytical/financially oriented, be resourceful in addressing roadblocks, and be a strong executer
• Be the voice of the consumer, leaning into consumer data and insights to inform content and content marketing strategies and planning
• Fast, efficient, and effective with time management
• Strong presentation builder – able to effectively summarize detailed information into a presentation with clear narrative flow, succinct takeaways and impactful visuals
What Your Impact Will Be:
• Support Barbie content strategy across streaming/broadcast (longform), digital (short-form), music and app
• Execute 360º content marketing campaigns supporting key commercial moments tied to content and product launches
• Review scripts, provide brand team feedback and drive alignment across key groups to ensure adherence to overarching content and commercial strategies
• Introduce and present new ideas, strategies and/or research findings
• Ensure all projects are supported by business strategy, objectives and insights
• Synthesize multiple data points and needs from various teams to create strategic POV/narrative and ensure integrity of narrative is maintained throughout
• Translate consumer and business insights into strategic, clear marketing briefs
• Work closely with cross-functional partners (content, distribution, marketing communications, digital, PR, product marketing, consumer products) throughout the global content marketing plan development and launch process
• In partnership with the Manager, manage the overarching content calendar and launch campaigns to drive alignment across global markets
• Independently complete consumer and competitive research projects and content landscape analysis; provide recommendations to support content development. Able to synthesize various data inputs and provide easy-to-digest insights and actionable steps.
• Collaborate with global subsidiaries to address global needs and market feedback; support global information needs.
• Act as point of contact for brand inquiries and dissemination of brand information and assets
What We’re Looking For:
• 4+ years (2 years with MBA) experience in content development, content marketing, brand marketing (on brand or agency side), or franchise management/marketing
• Thorough understanding of marketing mix and KPIs
• Experience analyzing data and managing financials
• Ability to synthesize data and pull insights to create recommendations
• Strong skills presenting in front of large groups
• Highly organized, independent and detail oriented with strong follow up skills
• Strong time management, planning and project execution skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build solid collaborative relationships
• Strong PowerPoint creation and presentation skills, proficiency in Outlook, Word and Excel
What It’s Like to Work Here:
We are a purpose driven company aiming to empower the next generation to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential. We live up to our purpose employing the following behaviors:
- We collaborate: Being a part of Mattel means being part of one team with shared values and common goals. Every person counts and working closely together always brings better results. Partnership is our process and our collective capabilities is our superpower.
- We innovate: At Mattel we always aim to find new and better ways to create innovative products and experiences. No matter where you work in the organization, you can always make a difference and have real impact. We welcome new ideas and value new initiatives that challenge conventional thinking.
- We execute: We are a performance driven company. We strive for excellence and are focused on pursuing best in class outcomes. We believe in accountability and ownership and know that our people are at their best when they are empowered to create and deliver results.
Who We Are:
Mattel is a leading global toy company and owner of one of the strongest catalogs of children’s and family entertainment franchises in the world. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic brands, including Barbie, Hot Wheels, Fisher-Price, American Girl, Thomas & Friends, UNO and MEGA, as well as other popular intellectual properties that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 35 locations and our products are available in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world’s leading retail and ecommerce companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in empowering children to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential.
Visit us at https://jobs.mattel.com/ and www.instagram.com/MattelCareers.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer where we want you to bring your authentic self to work every day. We welcome all job seekers including minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and those of all sexual orientations and gender identities.