Manager, Global Brand Marketing (Barbie)
- 333 Continental Blvd, El Segundo, California
- Location: California - El Segundo
CREATIVITY IS OUR SUPERPOWER. It’s our heritage and it’s also our future. Because we don’t just make toys. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. Mattel is at its best when every member of our team feels respected, included, and heard—when everyone can show up as themselves and do their best work every day. We value and share an infinite range of ideas and voices that evolve and broaden our perspectives with a reach that extends into all our brands, partners, and suppliers.
The Global Marketing team sets the global brand strategy, developing products and marketing plans for regional teams to execute in market. We are currently seeking a Marketing Manager for the Barbie Brand Marketing team. This manager will be a pivotal member who will provide strategic thinking and drive key planning and activations across a variety of platforms and initiatives for the #1 property in the toy industry. Skillsets needed to succeed in this role include:
· Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
· Excellent communication skills (including written communication and oral presentations to small and large audiences)
· Nimble and flexible thinking, ability to quickly learn and apply new ways of thinking
· A solutions-oriented, can-do attitude, a passion for variety, and adept at juggling multiple tasks and programs at once, without losing sight of key details
· Strong interpersonal skills, skilled relationship management and proven leadership qualities are crucial
· Ability to clearly communicate POV and inspire confidence amongst cross-functional teams
· Manage programs end-to-end: craft a compelling vision and strategy, be creative yet analytical/financially oriented, be resourceful in addressing roadblocks, and be a strong executer.
· Be the voice of the consumer, leaning into consumer data and insights to inform marketing strategies and planning
· Fast, efficient, and effective with time management
· Strong presentation builder – able to effectively summarize detailed information into a presentation with clear narrative flow, succinct takeaways and impactful visuals
What Your Impact Will Be:
• Translate consumer and business insights into strategic, clear marketing briefs
• Synthesize multiple data points and needs from various team to create strategic POV/narrative and ensure integrity of narrative is maintained throughout
• Author marketing plans with clear objectives/strategies/tactics and KPIs, and drive flawless execution, while being nimble, flexible and track against real-time pivots and changes.
• Work closely with cross-functional partners (marketing communications, digital, PR, product marketing) throughout the global marketing plan development and launch process with an eye towards management of advertising and promotional spend to drive ROI
• Strengthen brand perception and equity with parents by leading purpose-driven brand campaigns and key initiatives/multi-year strategic roadmaps for Barbie’s social impact programs focused on gender parity (The Dream Gap project) as well as diversity, equity, and inclusion.
• In partnership with Director, manage the overarching marketing calendar to drive alignment across global markets as well as franchise lines of business.
• Introduce and present new campaigns, strategies and/or research findings multiple times per year to executive audiences.
• Embody the brand perspective and voice, serving as reviewer and approver of assets and content across platforms and countries
• Oversee key cross-functional areas, particularly in our Digital Engagement Group (YouTube, Influencers, Social Media) and Franchise Management (Content Development & Distribution, Mobile Gaming, Live Events, Licensed Consumer Products) to understand nuanced objectives of respective businesses, provide brand strategy inputs & deliver against multi-year roadmaps.
• Independently complete consumer and competitive research projects; provide recommendations to support brand development. Able to synthesize various data inputs and provide easy-to-digest insights and actionable steps.
• Collaborate with global subsidiaries to address global needs and market feedback; support global information needs.
What We’re Looking For:
• Minimum of 6 years (4 years with MBA) experience in brand strategy and marketing (on brand or agency side), CSR/purpose-driven strategy/marketing, and/or franchise management/marketing.
• Demonstrated leadership, project management and strategic thinking skills.
• Excellent written/verbal, time management and quantitative/analytical skills required.
• Ability to analyze and draw conclusions from data, communicate, and present actionable insights to leadership.
What It’s Like to Work Here:
We are a purpose driven company aiming to empower the next generation to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential. We live up to our purpose employing the following behaviors:
- We collaborate: Being a part of Mattel means being part of one team with shared values and common goals. Every person counts and working closely together always brings better results. Partnership is our process and our collective capabilities is our superpower.
- We innovate: At Mattel we always aim to find new and better ways to create innovative products and experiences. No matter where you work in the organization, you can always make a difference and have real impact. We welcome new ideas and value new initiatives that challenge conventional thinking.
- We execute: We are a performance driven company. We strive for excellence and are focused on pursuing best in class outcomes. We believe in accountability and ownership and know that our people are at their best when they are empowered to create and deliver results.
Who We Are:
Mattel is a leading global toy company and owner of one of the strongest catalogs of children’s and family entertainment franchises in the world. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic brands, including Barbie, Hot Wheels, Fisher-Price, American Girl, Thomas & Friends, UNO and MEGA, as well as other popular intellectual properties that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 35 locations and our products are available in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world’s leading retail and ecommerce companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in empowering children to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential.
Visit us at https://jobs.mattel.com/ and www.instagram.com/MattelCareers.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer where we want you to bring your authentic self to work every day. We welcome all job seekers including minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and those of all sexual orientations and gender identities.