Sr. Director, Global Brand Marketing (Vehicles)
- 333 Continental Blvd, El Segundo, California
- Location: California - El Segundo
CREATIVITY IS OUR SUPERPOWER. It’s our heritage and it’s also our future. Because we don’t just make toys. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. Mattel is at its best when every member of our team feels respected, included, and heard—when everyone can show up as themselves and do their best work every day. We value and share an infinite range of ideas and voices that evolve and broaden our perspectives with a reach that extends into all our brands, partners, and suppliers.
What kind of team is behind the leading brands in the toy vehicle category? It’s a team of passionate, strategic, creative, innovative, curious, dedicated and ride-or-die car geeks who love what they do. From Matchbox to Disney Pixar Cars, to the #1 selling vehicle toy in the world, Hot Wheels, we know how to inspire and engage car fans of all ages. Want to join us?
Lead and inspire the Brand Marketing team for Mattel’s leading Vehicles portfolio including Hot Wheels, Matchbox and Disney Cars. The Senior Director of Brand Marketing is ultimately responsible for creating and executing best-in-class, actionable integrated marketing plans informed by media and commercial strategies. This is a critical, high visibility role tasked with leading large cross-functional and agency teams including product marketing, brand creative, social media, digital content, regional subsidiaries, PR and media.
What Your Impact Will Be:
- Define long term brand marketing strategy for the vehicle’s category. Determine go to market strategies for product segments including campaign objectives, segment positioning, communication priorities and key marketing initiatives.
- Formulate portfolio and brand priorities for each calendar year to guide marketing plan development and resource allocation.
- Drive Purpose-driven marketing campaigns and CSR initiatives.
- Represent the brand’s strategic voice in building Franchise initiatives in categories beyond toy, such as gaming, consumer products, live events and linear content.
- Spearhead the development of strategies for owned and operated platforms (YouTube, social media, web+CR) in partnership with cross-functional teams.
- Lead the ideation, development and execution of Partnerships with other brands and individuals to further manifest the Brand foundation/accelerate our communication objectives, always with the goal of inserting out Vehicles Brands into the cultural conversation.
- Partner with Mattel Television and Mattel films as the lead Brand representative for the development of branded content. Lead the strategy, ensure brand consistency and drive cross business integration to maximize the impact of content in multiple lines of business.
- Lead cross-functional and agency teams in campaign execution, working closely with partners across brand creative, product, regional, content, social, PR and media functions to ensure message cohesiveness and coordinated efforts across all touchpoints.
- Work closely with data and analytics to understand customer journey from awareness to conversion and leverage insights to unlock new growth and conversion opportunities
- Communicate performance to senior leadership on a weekly/monthly/quarterly basis, highlighting opportunities or trends for continuous improvement
- Provide continuous coaching and performance feedback to fully develop and grow the brand marketing team to reach their true potential.
- Own category A&P budget process.
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing/Business or related (or equivalent); MBA preferred
- Minimum of 12+ years with brand marketing or integrated marketing experience (10+ with an MBA)
- Experience leading 360 campaign development, ideally with a major brand or toy/entertainment company
- Strong Digital Marketing understanding and creative sensibility
- Demonstrated ability to drive direction with advanced decision-making skills
- Demonstrated leadership, project management and strategic thinking skills
- Excellent written/verbal, time management and quantitative/analytical skills required
What It’s Like to Work Here:
We are a purpose driven company aiming to empower the next generation to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential. We live up to our purpose employing the following behaviors:
- We collaborate: Being a part of Mattel means being part of one team with shared values and common goals. Every person counts and working closely together always brings better results. Partnership is our process and our collective capabilities is our superpower.
- We innovate: At Mattel we always aim to find new and better ways to create innovative products and experiences. No matter where you work in the organization, you can always make a difference and have real impact. We welcome new ideas and value new initiatives that challenge conventional thinking.
- We execute: We are a performance driven company. We strive for excellence and are focused on pursuing best in class outcomes. We believe in accountability and ownership and know that our people are at their best when they are empowered to create and deliver results.
Who We Are:
Mattel is a leading global toy company and owner of one of the strongest catalogs of children’s and family entertainment franchises in the world. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic brands, including Barbie, Hot Wheels, Fisher-Price, American Girl, Thomas & Friends, UNO and MEGA, as well as other popular intellectual properties that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 35 locations and our products are available in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world’s leading retail and ecommerce companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in empowering children to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential.
Visit us at https://jobs.mattel.com/ and www.instagram.com/MattelCareers.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer where we want you to bring your authentic self to work every day. We welcome all job seekers including minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and those of all sexual orientations and gender identities.