- Toronto, ON, Canada
Matrix is a full service staffing firm providing professional recruitment solutions for a wide variety of careers.
We are looking for skilled litigation law clerks/paralegals to join our client's legal team in the greater Toronto area including Kitchener, Durham region, Mississauga, Brampton, Oakville, Hamilton.
You will be responsible for the coordination of all the details before, during and after trial. The successful candidate will be able to provide assistance during all phases of the litigation process including conducting interviews, legal research and document filing.
- Conduct legal research and initial case assessments
- Assist counsel in drafting pleadings, motions and appellate documents and file them with the court
- Perform administrative duties (calendar hearings and deadlines, organize case files, manage logistics etc)
- Maintain pleadings and discovery indexes
- Organize exhibits, documents, evidence, briefs and appendices
- Assist lawyer with discovery requests; gather relevant information from a variety of sources
- Liaise between teams and internal/external third parties
- Provide assistance with case settlements
- Research records, court files and other legal documents
- Assist lawyers by interviewing clients, witnesses and other related parties
- Assemble documentary evidence, prepare trial briefs, and arranging for trials
- Assist lawyers in preparation for mediation and judicial dispute resolutions
- Draft legal correspondence and perform general office and clerical duties
- Other duties as assigned
- Proven working experience as a litigation paralegal
- Applicable knowledge of motions, discovery, evidence, litigation documentation, court rules and procedures, practices etc
- Highly organized with ability to juggle multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong writing and communication skills along with attention to detail
- Extensive computer and database expertise
- Paralegal associates degree or other relevant certification
- MS Windows; MS Word; Database management; MS Office; MS Outlook
- Attention to detail
- Initiative; Client focus; Reliability; Organized
- Law Clerk/Paralegal specific skills
Education & Experience: College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma program; Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.); In-house training from a law firm or law clerk program; 1 year to less than 2 years experience
View all of our job listings and find your perfect fit today at http://www.matrixstaffingsolution.com/careers.html
All information will be kept confidential according to privacy guidelines.
Matrix is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit and hire the most qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status. We value diversity in our workforce and in our community and are committed to providing equal opportunities in services, access to services and employment opportunities. Our employees and applicants have equal opportunity for employment, training, and promotion and we welcome all applicants to apply.