- 2 County Ct Blvd, Brampton, ON L6W 3X7, Canada
Matrix is a full service staffing firm providing professional recruitment solutions for a wide variety of careers.
JOB LOCATION: Brampton ON
As a Legal Secretary you will be required to provide interim coverage for legal secretaries in order to provide continual and reliable support to the lawyers and the firm.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform general administration and secretarial tasks such as typing and proofreading documents, maintaining files and answering phones
- Organize and maintain lawyers calendars, including making travel arrangements and scheduling meetings
- Open new client matters
- Client billing and related forms
- Prepare and submit expense reports
- Input and/or update lawyers time entries
- Act as backup to other legal secretaries to support additional lawyers or paralegals when necessary to assist with overflow work
- Associates Degree preferred
- 3+ years secretarial experience
- Strong organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Works effectively, calmly and quickly under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to prioritize and multi task
- Ability to work independently as well as part of team
- Ability to maintain and handle confidential information
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
All information will be kept confidential according to privacy guidelines.
Matrix is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit and hire the most qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status. We value diversity in our workforce and in our community and are committed to providing equal opportunities in services, access to services and employment opportunities. Our employees and applicants have equal opportunity for employment, training, and promotion and we welcome all applicants to apply.