Continuous Improvement Manager (Lean Office)
- Department: Manufacturing
The Continuous Improvement Manager will provide the leadership, coaching, support, and project management to the organization to support the company’s lean transformation.
This position will identify areas of potential improvement and work with company Leaders to realize the improvement potential by using tools that include Value Stream Mapping, Transactional Process Improvement, Kaizen, 6S, Daily Management, Standard Work, and Problem- Solving Process.
This position covers the Digital & Technology team and will ensure that all improvements implemented are aligned with the MasterBrand Business System lexicon and code.
This is a remote based position with a preference for the selected candidate to be within driving distance to Jasper, IN.
Position reports directly to Sr. Director Business Transformation – Digital & Technology
- Responsible for successfully deploying sustainable standard leadership and lean tools throughout organization including but not limited to; Daily Management, Standard Work, Leadership Standard Work, Value Stream Mapping, Transactional Process Improvement, Visual Management and A3 thinking.
- Help to establish an organizational culture of Continuous Improvement by acting as a coach and mentor to all levels of the organization.
- Through the use of Value Stream Mapping, Kaizen, or other similar technique identify processes and eliminate 8 level waste within the organization that can achieve a significant gain.
- Continually challenge conventional thinking by challenging current processes and procedures in the spirit of continuous improvement.
- Models what it means to be a change agent within the organization.
- Work with organizational Leaders to build Kaizen funnel and opportunities for improvement
- Facilitates Kaizen Events and coaches team members on Kaizen preparation and post-Kaizen action implementation
- Work closely with the Digital & Technology team to identify and deploy meaningful KPI’s
- Provide ongoing education to the organization in the areas of Continuous Improvement.
- Assist other areas of the company to train and deploy lean tools and practices as it relates to Digital & Technology
- Exceptional leadership, interpersonal, and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Highly developed problem solving and project management skill
- Consultative skills
- Ability to deliver training to large groups – experience preferred
- Experience with change management principles and demonstrated ability to drive and manage the change process
- Demonstrated facilitation and coaching skills
- Demonstrated capability to learn Digital tools & complex business processes
- Proven ability to work in a team environment
- Negotiation and selling skills to support change management
- Proven ability to handle multiple tasks
- Demonstrated conflict management skills
- Ability to setup, track, and document results as required
- Willingness and ability to travel overnight up to 30%
Experience & Education:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Lean Certified or equivalent experience
- Experience with Toyota Production System or company with similar system preferred
- 5 or more years of experience in Continuous Improvement, with a minimum of 2 years in a leadership role and demonstrated track record of implementation success.
- Excellent analytical, project management and presentation skills
- Experience in a complex technology landscape preferred
For nearly 70 years, MasterBrand has been shaping the places where people come together, enriching lives and creating meaningful memories for our customers. That, combined with our stylish products, expansive dealer and retail network, and dedicated associates, has helped make us the number one North American residential cabinet business. Our unique culture of continuous improvement is based on trusting the tools, empowering the team and moving forward, and is kept alive by our more than 14,000 associates across 20 plus manufacturing facility and offices. Visit www.masterbrand.com to learn more and join us in building great experiences together!Equal Employment Opportunity
MasterBrand Cabinets LLC is an equal opportunity employer. MasterBrand Cabinets LLC’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability/handicap status, marital status, military status, sexual orientation, genetic history or information, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. MasterBrand Cabinets LLC also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also MasterBrand Cabinets LLC’s policy to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.Reasonable Accommodations
MasterBrand Cabinets LLC is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability and wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment, please contact us at [email protected].
*Actual pay will vary based on qualifications and other factors