- 1090 Don Mills Rd, North York, ON M3C 3R6, Canada
At MASSIVE INSIGHTS, we provide agile delivery for our clients. We pride ourselves in our ability to create solutions that meet our clients’ needs with speed and efficiency. Coupled with our stringent quality measures and our innate ability to innovate, you'll be working with a team of talented professionals who can always hit the ground running.
INSIGHTS: We offer our clients big picture thinking & strategic solutions that meet their specific business needs. Clients need the right data & analytics strategies to proceed with confidence in their metrics. They also need strategies that will scale over time so they can make the best decisions, all of the time.
ANALYTICS: We offer our clients the analytics they’ve been seeking. No reports that lack insights. No presentations filled with a dizzying array of numbers, graphs, & charts. Only relevant results delivered on a timely basis so our clients have access to real data-driven actionable insights.
DATA: We offer our clients effective implementation services & efficient operational solutions. By taking the burden away from day-to-day management of marketing data activities with high quality data services, clients benefit from streamlined operations with no issues and zero hassle.
The Data Engineer will provide support across our three areas of focus: Insights, Analytics, and Data. The role will support the team in a variety of capacities related to digital planning, data strategy, analysis, data integration and data management.
On a daily basis you may be asked to perform tasks such as:
- Integrate new data feeds into a cloud based data warehouse
- Design a high performing data schema to support a dashboard report
- Design and build a marketing database to support a clients business needs
- Develop data automation and monitoring scripts
- Develop ETL scripts to perform data transformations
- Integrate with a legacy database system to support data analysis
- Create documentation and data dictionaries to support end-users of data systems
- Perform business analysis and requirements gathering to support a variety of data projects
- Define and implement web analytics
The successful candidate will have a solid foundation in technology and be comfortable learning new technologies. You should have exceptional analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to interpret data in a business context.
Additionally you will have:
- 2-4 years experience in marketing technology/data/analytics roles
- Experience with relational database systems ( MSSQL, Oracle, Sybase, MySql, Postgres )
- Advanced skills in data scripting and database development technologies (SQL, C#, Python, Powershell, Ruby, R)
- Ability to work with ambiguity, translate high-level direction to specific deliverables and effectively plan self-assigned tasks efficiently in complex work streams
- Ability to take business requirements and create technology solutions
- Strong business, high detail-orientation and solid logical acumen
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills appropriately applied to all levels of seniority
- College or University degree (or relevant work experiences)
Experience with some or all of the following technologies would be an asset:
- Cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
- Machine learning algorithms
- BI systems such: (SAP, SAS, Oracle)
- Reporting / Visualization tools (Tableau, Qlik, Spotfire)
- Big Data Technologies (Hadoop, Hive, BigQuery, Redshift, Spark)
- CRM / Marketing Automation Systems (Salesforce, Exact Target, Marketo)
- Web development experience
Candidates who are able to start immediately preferred
Upon review of qualified candidates, phone interviews & in-person interviews will be scheduled