AWS CLOUD ENGINEER
- 1090 Don Mills Rd, North York, ON M3C 3R6, Canada
At MASSIVE INSIGHTS, we provide agile delivery for our clients. We pride ourselves in our ability to create solutions that meet our clients’ needs with speed and efficiency. Coupled with our stringent quality measures and our innate ability to innovate, you'll be working with a team of talented professionals who can always hit the ground running.
INSIGHTS: We offer our clients big picture thinking & strategic solutions that meet their specific business needs. Clients need the right data & analytics strategies to proceed with confidence in their metrics. They also need strategies that will scale over time so they can make the best decisions, all of the time.
ANALYTICS: We offer our clients the analytics they’ve been seeking. No reports that lack insights. No presentations filled with a dizzying array of numbers, graphs, & charts. Only relevant results delivered on a timely basis so our clients have access to real data-driven actionable insights.
DATA: We offer our clients effective implementation services & efficient operational solutions. By taking the burden away from day-to-day management of marketing data activities with high quality data services, clients benefit from streamlined operations with no issues and zero hassle.
We are driven to inspire brilliance in everything we do. We aspire to deliver more than metrics.
We desire to deliver innovative insights in every interaction with everyone we touch.
As a growing organization, the position will require an individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The AWS Cloud Engineer will implement and manage all cloud applications, system and services across a number of different clients. This role will be responsible for managing the AWS infrastructure and ensuring high levels of stability, scalability, availability, and security are met. This includes working collaboratively with data engineers to deploy and operationalize enterprise data lakes and analytic data marts on behalf of our clients.
On a daily basis, the AWS Cloud Engineer may be asked to perform the following tasks and activities:
- Work with cross-functional teams, including Data & Technology, Insights & Analytics, Marketing Automation and Strategy teams to develop solutions on behalf of our clients
- Develop automation tools and processes for continuous deployments, integration and automation of infrastructure
- Build monitoring and alerting processes for AWS and other cloud services; perform automated tests for performance and functionality
- Be responsible for the AWS development, test, pre-production, and production environments
- Review and recommend upgrade, maintenance, and patching activities for production systems and services
- Lead in the design and development of data and analytics solutions in AWS
- Document design decisions and data flows and data transformation logic
- Experience with AWS services (EC2, RDS, ElastiCache, Lambda, Storage, S3, VPC
- Expertise in foundational elements such as VPC, ACLs, IAM, Security, Workspaces, load balancers)
- Extensive experience with Apache Airflow and AWS Glue
- Experience with source code management and version control systems like Git
- Extensive knowledge of scripting (python, bash)
- Good understanding of cloud services such as Cloudflare, SnowFlake, or Splunk
- Strong understanding of database concepts
- Ability to work in a client-service/consulting organization – fast-paced, flexible environment, time management and multi-tasking and ongoing prioritization and re-prioritization
- Understanding of data transformations and ETL logic and translating business processes into technical requirements
- AWS certification preferred
Please provide your availability (earliest start date):
Please provide your compensation expectations (annual base salary or an hourly rate):