Apartment Maintenance Supervisor (Floating)
- Jacksonville, FL, USA
The Maryland Management Company owns and manages more than forty communities with just under 10,000 apartment homes in Maryland and Florida. Established in 1949, Maryland Management is passionate about providing affordable, quality housing, an exceptional customer experience and contributing to the communities we serve. As an organization, we believe our people are our greatest asset and we are committed to the success and development of each individual on our team.
The Maryland Management Company is seeking an experienced apartment maintenance supervisor in Baltimore County, Maryland. Applicants must have prior supervisory experience and be CFC certified.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Organize and oversee the daily activities of the maintenance staff
- Complete maintenance tickets - must be knowledgeable in all basics of plumbing, electrical, heating and air conditioning, appliance troubleshooting and repair, carpentry, drywall patching and repair, and other general maintenance tasks as they arise
- Communicate with the Community Manager and the regional Property Manager
- Participate in on-call rotation for after-hours maintenance emergencies
- Assist with snow and ice removal
- Conduct pre-move-out and move-out inspections
- Schedule and manage apartment turnover process in a timely fashion and ensure that company standards are met
- Maintain the property shop in an organized manner
- Ensure contractor work is completed in a timely manner and is of acceptable quality
- Counsel and/or discipline staff as necessary
- Provide excellent customer service and lead team members to do the same
This property has heat pumps – expertise with heat pumps specifically is mandatory.
All applicants must have a reliable vehicle and must possess and bring own hand tools. Background check, physical and drug screening required.
The Maryland Management Company offers an attractive compensation and benefits package including:
- Excellent health benefits package for full time employees, including company-paid HMO, optional PPO coverage and a company-funded HRA
- Dental and vision insurance options
- 401k plan with a company match contribution
- Direct deposit
- Paid time off, including vacation and sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Educational reimbursement
- Annual awards banquet and other social company functions
This job description is not all-inclusive and is intended to describe the general nature and work responsibilities of this position. It is subject to change, modification and addition as deemed necessary by the company. All offers of employment are conditioned upon the applicant passing a drug screen and minor physical, and are subject to the results of a background check conducted in compliance with any applicable federal, state or local law.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.