Project Based Section 8 Property Manager
- Frederick, MD, USA
The Maryland Management Company owns and manages more than forty communities with just under 10,000 apartment homes in Maryland and Florida. Established in 1949, Maryland Management is passionate about providing affordable, quality housing, an exceptional customer experience and contributing to the communities we serve. As an organization, we believe our people are our greatest asset and we are committed to the success and development of each individual on our team.
A community manager is a challenging position that uses sales, customer service, and exceptional management skills to handle the day-to-day operations of an apartment community and its staff.
There are four core categories of responsibilities:
- Review & submit vouchers
- Run EIV reports
- Print, post & distribute recertification notices
- HUD recertifications
- Accurately prepare and be thoroughly knowledgeable with all applications, lease documents, and related paperwork
- Collect and process rental payments
- Facilitate the move-in and move-out process
- Maintain detailed and accurate property records
- Assist with payroll
- Maintain the physical and fiscal assets of the community
- Monitor & enforce resident lease obligations
- Complete all resident move-ins, move-outs, transfers and renewals
- Inspect vacant apartments to ensure rental readiness and perform move-out inspections
- Liaise and collaborate with regional and senior management
- Ability to professionally resolve resident and employee issues
- Attend court, as necessary
- Uphold and enforce all company policies, processes, and procedures
- Work with management team to prepare for REAC inspections with expectations of achieving maximum scores
- Perform other duties as necessary to meet the needs of upper management, residents and the property
- Conduct tours of the grounds of the community and show apartments to prospective residents
- Greet all individuals that enter the leasing office in a friendly and professional manner
- Maintain thorough product knowledge of the property (floor plans, amenities, etc.) and the local community
- Apply product knowledge to prospective residents’ needs by effectively communicating features and benefits
- Represent the company in a professional manner at all times
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with prospective and current residents
- Accept maintenance requests, submit maintenance tickets, and complete follow-up to ensure satisfaction
- Handle resident calls and in-person concerns
- Respect boundaries of tenant confidentiality, ensure safety and uphold both local and Federal Fair Housing Laws
This opportunity would suit an individual who has the desire to exceed the expectations of our current and prospective residents. The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following:
- The ability to close the sale
- The ability to prioritize and multitask
- The ability to manage and contribute to a team; work well with others
- The ability to work independently with little supervision
- Excellent telephone etiquette
- Advanced computer skills and knowledge of the Internet and Email
- Exceptional interpersonal and people skills
- Professional demeanor
- Effective oral and written communication abilities
- Superb organizational skills and attention to detail
- Good judgment and ability to exercise common sense understanding
- Honesty and integrity
- A positive attitude and the ability to smile under all circumstances
- Adaptable to accept changes in the work environment, manage competing demands, and handle unexpected events.
- Must be able to handle stressful, urgent, and diverse situations in a calm and reasonable manner
- Enthusiasm and the personal drive to be a self-starter
- Demonstrate strong professionalism in all facets
- Demonstrate an ability to diffuse and respond to customer concerns
This position requires flexibility in scheduling and the ability to work weekends. Due to staffing limitations, the community manager must be able to work one weekend day as part of a five day work week.
- Transportation – Employee must maintain reliable transportation daily, a valid driver’s license, and valid vehicle insurance.
- Language – Proficiency in the English language, including the ability to read, write, and communicate professionally with others.
- Education/Experience – A high school diploma, GED, or equivalent experience is required.
- Physical - This job requires extensive mobility, including frequent inspections that require walking and climbing stairs. Also includes lifting, bending, reaching, etc.
Prior experience with project-based HAP contracts and property management required. Knowledge of On-Site Software/HUD Manager preferred.
The Maryland Management Company offers an attractive compensation and benefits package including:
- Excellent health benefits package for full time employees, including company-paid HMO, optional PPO coverage and a company-funded HRA
- Dental and vision insurance options
- 401k plan with a company match contribution
- Direct deposit
- Paid time off, including vacation and sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Educational reimbursement
- Annual awards banquet and other social company functions
This job description is not all-inclusive and is intended to describe the general nature and work responsibilities of this position. It is subject to change, modification and addition as deemed necessary by the company. All offers of employment are conditioned upon the applicant passing a drug screen and minor physical, and are subject to the results of a background check conducted in compliance with any applicable federal, state or local law.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.