- Owings Mills, MD
Maryland Management Company owns and manages more than forty communities with just under 10,000 apartment homes in Maryland and Florida. Established in 1949, Maryland Management is passionate about providing affordable, quality housing, an exceptional customer experience, and contributing to the communities we serve. As an organization, we believe our people are our greatest asset and we are committed to the success and development of each individual on our team.
A leasing consultant is a challenging position that uses both sales and exceptional customer service to make a genuine impact on people’s lives. The leasing consultant serves to connect prospective and current residents of Maryland Management Company’s apartment communities with the Company’s management team. He or she is responsible for helping prospective tenants select a new home by showcasing individual apartments, the property amenities, and our local community.
There are three core categories of responsibilities:
- Conduct tours of the grounds of the community and show apartments to prospective residents
- Sell the community over the phone/internet to convert leads to on-site tours
- Greet all individuals that enter the leasing office in a friendly and professional manner
- Maintain thorough product knowledge of our property (floor plans, amenities, etc.) and the local community
- Apply product knowledge to prospective residents’ needs by effectively communicating features and benefits
- Represent the company in a professional manner at all times
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with prospective and current residents
- Accept maintenance requests, submit maintenance tickets, and complete follow-up to ensure satisfaction
- Handle resident calls and in-person concerns
- Respect boundaries of tenant confidentiality, ensure safety, and uphold both local and Federal Fair Housing Laws
- Accurately prepare and be thoroughly knowledgeable with all applications, lease documents, and related paperwork
- Accept rental payments
- Facilitate the move-in and move-out process
- General clerical assistance including answering phones, taking messages, filing, etc.
This opportunity would suit an individual who is outgoing, enthusiastic, and has the desire to exceed the expectations of our current and prospective residents. The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following:
- The ability to close the sale
- The ability to prioritize and multitask
- The ability to support and contribute to a team; work well with others
- The ability to work independently
- Excellent telephone etiquette
- Basic computer skills and knowledge of the Internet and Email
- Strong people skills
- Effective oral and written communication abilities
- Superb organizational skills and attention to detail
- Good judgement and ability to exercise common sense understanding
- Honesty and integrity
- A positive attitude and the ability to smile under all circumstances
- Adaptable to accept changes in the work environment, manage competing demands, and handle unexpected events.
- Must be able to handle stressful, urgent, and diverse situations in a calm and reasonable manner
- Enthusiasm and the personal drive to be a self-starter
- Demonstrate strong professionalism in all facets
- Demonstrate ability to diffuse and respond to customer concerns
This position requires flexibility in scheduling and the ability to work weekends. Due to staffing limitations, the leasing consultant must be able to work one weekend day as part of a five day work week.
- Transportation – Employee must maintain reliable transportation daily, a valid driver’s license, and valid vehicle insurance.
- Language – Proficiency in the English language, including the ability to read, write, and communicate professionally with others.
- Education/Experience – A high school diploma, GED, or equivalent experience is required.
Maryland Management offers an attractive compensation and benefits package including:
- Ability to work with experienced professionals in a multi-billion dollar industry
- Invaluable business, sales, and customer relationship building experience
- A performance-based career path, with room for advancement
- Excellent health benefits package for fulltime employees, including company-paid HMO (PPO health coverage optional)
- Dental and vision insurance options
- 401k plan with a match contribution
- Direct deposit
- Paid time off, including vacation and sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Educational reimbursement
- Annual awards banquet and other social company functions
This job description is not all-inclusive and is intended to describe the general nature and work responsibilities of this position. It is subject to change, modification, and addition as deemed necessary by the company. All offers of employment are conditioned upon the applicant passing a drug test and subject to a background check, which are conducted in compliance with any applicable federal, state, or local law.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.