Apartment Maintenance Technician
- Glen Burnie, MD
Maryland Management Company owns and manages more than forty communities with just under 10,000 apartment homes in Maryland and Florida. Established in 1949, Maryland Management is passionate about providing affordable, quality housing, an exceptional customer experience, and contributing to the communities we serve. As an organization, we believe our people are our greatest asset and we are committed to the success and development of each individual on our team.
The Maryland Management Company is seeking an apartment maintenance technician for the Glen Burnie area of Anne Arundel County, Maryland. Applicants should have two years of relevant industry experience and a CFC certification is preferred. Must be able to pass background check, light physical and drug screening.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Complete maintenance tickets - should be knowledgeable in all basics of plumbing, electrical, heating and air conditioning, appliance troubleshooting and repair, carpentry, drywall patching and repair, and other general maintenance tasks as they arise
- Perform apartment turnover to prepare units for re-rental
- Communicate with the Maintenance Supervisor
- Participate in on-call rotation for after-hours maintenance emergencies
- Assist with snow and ice removal
All applicants must have a reliable vehicle and must possess and bring own hand tools. Background check, physical and drug screening required.
Maryland Management offers an attractive compensation and benefits package including:
- Excellent health benefits package for full time employees, including company-paid HMO, optional PPO coverage and a company-funded HRA
- Dental and vision insurance options
- 401k plan with a company match contribution
- Direct deposit
- Paid time off, including vacation and sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Educational reimbursement
- Annual awards banquet and other social company functions
This job description is not all-inclusive and is intended to describe the general nature and work responsibilities of this position. It is subject to change, modification, and addition as deemed necessary by the company. All offers of employment are conditioned upon the applicant passing a drug test and subject to a background check, which are conducted in compliance with any applicable federal, state, or local law.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.