1st Line Support (Maternity Cover)
- Newmarket Rd, Cambridge, UK
Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group is one of the largest independent aerospace and defence companies in the world delivering innovation and excellence in engineering, support solutions and services in the air, on land and at sea.
Since 1909, we have been valued for our integrity, performance and customer focus which we have demonstrated through our innovative solutions and ability to deliver on time and to cost.
We specialise in the conversion and modification of military, civil and business aircraft, alongside defence vehicle engineering and shelter manufacture. Our capabilities include engineering design, manufacture, test and the provision of personnel, training and advice, whilst providing maintenance, integration and product support.
Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group is part of the Marshall Group of Companies that employs over 6,000 people with a turnover in excess of £2.7bn.
We are a respected total solutions provider for the military and commercial sectors.
- Provide technical support, training and advice; responding to incidents and service requests raised with the Service Desk via phone, email, face to face and logged on the system
- Ensure all incidents and service requests are logged and assigned, with appropriate levels of detail, categorisation and prioritisation
- Provide first-line investigation and diagnosis
- Resolve incidents, service requests and access requests, in line with KPI targets and compliant with security standards
- Escalate those incidents and service requests that cannot be resolved to other support groups
- Communication with users – keep users informed of incident progress, notifying users of impending changes or agreed outages
- Monitor and escalate incidents and service requests to ensure regular updates are provided to the customer and entered on the system
- Ensure incidents and service requests are completed in a timely manner to the satisfaction of the customer
- Maintain a high degree of customer service and adherence to ITIL service management principles, taking ownership of incidents and requests, and being proactive when dealing with customers
- Provide management reporting, such as on the number and types of incidents reported to the Service Desk
- Provide advice and guidance on the use of equipment and software supported by ICT Service Delivery, including recommendations for training
- Promote collaborative working, within the team and the department, to ensure incidents, requests and projects are completed in a timely manner to the satisfaction of the customer
- ITIL Foundation is an advantage
Due to the nature of our business, all employment is subject to satisfactory references being obtained, attainment of either an MoD SC (Security Check), appropriate UK Criminal Record Check or Foreign Police Check (whichever is applicable depending on duration of UK residency) and, as applicable, a medical assessment. Access to US technical data by employees requires prior Trade Control function approval. Clearance must be carried out against all applicable US export control authorisations.