NDT Technical Support Specialist
- Newmarket Rd, Cambridge, UK
Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group is one of the largest independent aerospace and defence companies in the world delivering innovation and excellence in engineering, support solutions and services in the air, on land and at sea.
Since 1909, we have been valued for our integrity, performance and customer focus which we have demonstrated through our innovative solutions and ability to deliver on time and to cost.
We specialise in the conversion and modification of military, civil and business aircraft, alongside defence vehicle engineering and shelter manufacture. Our capabilities include engineering design, manufacture, test and the provision of personnel, training and advice, whilst providing maintenance, integration and product support.
Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group is part of the Marshall Group of Companies that employs over 6,000 people with a turnover in excess of £2.7bn.
We are a respected total solutions provider for the military and commercial sectors.
The Marshall Aerospace & Defence Group Non Destructive Testing (NDT) department has a vacancy for an experienced NDT Inspector to fill the role of NDT Department Technical Support Specialist.
The applicant must hold a current EN4179 Level 2 Aerospace certificate in the following methods, Eddy Current, Ultrasonic and Radiography inspections; further to this, Magnetic Particle and Dye Penetrant would be considered highly desirable.
This position requires experience in the maintenance and / or the inspection of C130 aircraft.
This role will be based at Cambridge Airport but travel, both in the UK and overseas may be required.
Key responsibilities will include the following:
- Providing support to the NDT Team Manager regarding; Manpower allocation, Workload planning, future input planning, essential department regulatory checks, responsibility for team Performance reviews, maintaining Team discipline and monitoring efficiency.
- Liaising with MADG internal departments to ensure all aspects of NDT are considered during Pre input planning.
- Practical NDT inspections within the Marshall organisation. Inspections are required on a wide variety of aircraft, components and structures. Inspections are required to be completed to national and international standards within the various national and international regulatory frameworks, set by the appropriate authority.
An ability to confidently communicate at all levels of the business, work unsupervised but also as an effective team member with a flexible approach to the department workload.
- EN 4179 / NAS 410 Eddy Current, Ultrasonic & Radiographic inspection
Due to the nature of our business, all employment is subject to satisfactory references being obtained, attainment of either an MoD SC (Security Check), appropriate UK Criminal Record Check or Foreign Police Check (whichever is applicable depending on duration of UK residency) and, as applicable, a medical assessment. Access to US technical data by employees requires prior Trade Control function approval. Clearance must be carried out against all applicable US export control authorisations.