Electronics / Electrical Engineer
- Newmarket Rd, Cambridge, UK
Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group is one of the largest independent aerospace and defence companies in the world delivering innovation and excellence in engineering, support solutions and services in the air, on land and at sea.
Since 1909, we have been valued for our integrity, performance and customer focus which we have demonstrated through our innovative solutions and ability to deliver on time and to cost.
We specialise in the conversion and modification of military, civil and business aircraft, alongside defence vehicle engineering and shelter manufacture. Our capabilities include engineering design, manufacture, test and the provision of personnel, training and advice, whilst providing maintenance, integration and product support.
Within land systems, we have designed, manufactured, delivered and supported more than 5000 tactical shelters in over 200 different configurations.
Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group is part of the Marshall Group of Companies that employs over 6,000 people with a turnover in excess of £2.7bn.
We are a respected total solutions provider for the military and commercial sectors.
Interested candidates should possess an engineering or physical science degree and be ready to apply for a chartered status with a relevant professional body if you have not already achieved it.
We have an immediate opening for an Electronics/Electrical Engineer. This is a full-time position. You will join our small team of Electronics/ Electrical engineers to assist in the design of new products and improve existing ones for the Marshall Aerospace and Defence You will be involved in projects from bid through, design, manufacture and delivery through into aftermarket support.
Essential functions and responsibilities include:
- Support the development of Marshall Aerospace and Defence as a prime or tier1 supplier of integrated capability to enable entry into new markets.
- Provide support to the multi-functional engineering team in electronic systems, EMC, TEMPEST and communications.
- Write, control plans (EMC and TEMPEST), Interface Control Documents / Procurement specifications, Test Plans and Test Reports.
- Provide trouble shooting support to existing projects in the electronic/electrical domain
- Specify and undertake Electronic design, defining philosophies and performance criteria and assist in component selection, e.g. EMC filters, processors, components.
- Writing simple software for test or specifying software for external software company to write
- Specify and design integration test rigs and harnesses
- Conduct risk reduction EMC testing on products internally and support qualification testing at test houses.
- Identify the correct software and tools to develop systems integration capability
- Ensure consistent systems engineering best practice and innovation is applied across all projects
- Ensure that the designs are fit for purpose and meet or exceed our customers’ expectations
- Facilitate generation of MLS Intellectual Property
- Ensure that all project work meets the project engineering budgets and timelines
- Support meetings and events with potential customers
- To set an example by consistently upholding the Marshall Values
You will be a qualified Electronics / Electrical Engineer with hands-on experience in the Aerospace and Defence sectors. We are seeking people with the ability to make a difference and proactively provide Electronics / Electrical knowledge on large and complex bid and project work.
You will have the following skills and qualities:
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with energy and enthusiasm to all levels within and without the business.
- The ability to apply your skills and knowledge across a wide and diverse range of projects.
- Ideally qualified to degree level in Engineering, Mathematics or Physics subject with relevant and sufficient experience in the field.
- Sound understanding of product safety and regulatory requirements.
- Ability to use and standard office software including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
Due to the nature of our business, all employment is subject to satisfactory references being obtained, attainment of either a SC (Security Check), Disclosure Scotland Criminal Record Check or Foreign Police Check (whichever is applicable depending on duration of UK residency) and, as applicable, a medical assessment. Access to US technical data by employees requires prior Trade Control function approval. Clearance must be carried out against all applicable US export control authorisations.