Adult Trainee - Special Processes
- Newmarket Rd, Cambridge, UK
Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group is one of the largest independent aerospace and defence companies in the world delivering innovation and excellence in engineering, support solutions and services in the air, on land and at sea.
Since 1909, we have been valued for our integrity, performance and customer focus which we have demonstrated through our innovative solutions and ability to deliver on time and to cost.
We specialise in the conversion and modification of military, civil and business aircraft, alongside defence vehicle engineering and shelter manufacture. Our capabilities include engineering design, manufacture, test and the provision of personnel, training and advice, whilst providing maintenance, integration and product support.
Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group is part of the Marshall Group of Companies that employs over 6,000 people with a turnover in excess of £2.7bn.
We are a respected total solutions provider for the military and commercial sectors.
Key duties and responsibilities will include:
- Working to a schedule of work to meet on-time delivery and to the required quality requirements.
- Chemical Processing of metallic manufactured components to the following processes.
- i.e. Alochrome, Alodine, Chromic & Sulphuric acid anodizing
- Heat Treatments of materials
- i.e. Annealing, Solutionising, Age Hardening
- Non Destructive Testing
- Flaw Detect/Hardness Testing/Tensile Testing
- Application of paints
- All these activities will be processed in accordance with Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group internal processes & external NADCAP & OEM approvals.
- Compliance with Marshall ADG Health & Safety procedures and Safe Systems of Work at all times.
- Positive input into continuous improvement activities.
All activities to planning instructions and detailed drawings
The successful applicant will spend time in all areas of the Special Processes department.
Training will be given internally via on the job training and in some instances internal/external training courses will be set up using external training providers
- You must have 5 GCSEs at Grade A-C/4-9 including Mathematics, English Language and Science or equivalent
Due to the nature of our business, all employment is subject to satisfactory references being obtained, attainment of either a SC (Security Check), Disclosure Scotland Criminal Record Check or Foreign Police Check (whichever is applicable depending on duration of UK residency) and, as applicable, a medical assessment. Access to US technical data by employees requires prior Trade Control function approval. Clearance must be carried out against all applicable US export control authorisations.