Motor Vehicle Technician (Enfield / Greenford)
- Enfield / Greenford, London, United Kingdom
Founded in 1972, Marshall Fleet Solutions is the U.K.’s largest independent refrigeration (including installation), tail lift and commercial vehicle fleet service and support organisation.
As a Mobile Vehicle Maintenance Unit (VMU) Technician you will be part of a team that maintains a fleet of vehicles for a contract customer providing service and maintenance.
You will be required to have a flexible approach as you will be required to travel between mainly two depots to cover for leave and offer additional assistance where required.
The key responsibilities of the role are as follows:
• To ensure the most efficient and highest possible standard of mechanical and electrical repair, preventative maintenance, and modification of customer vehicles & related ancillary equipment.
• Correct fault diagnosis to ensure replacement parts are fitted correctly and warranty claims are in line with warranty terms.
• Ensure full and complete end of shift handover including vehicle on or off-road status.
• Answer VMU telephone and deal with all enquires promptly and in a professional, helpful & proactive manner.
• Attend customer sites as required to carry out repairs.
• To complete job cards, service sheets, timesheets, and any other relevant paperwork in an accurate, timely and efficient manner.
• To undertake diagnostic analysis where appropriate.
• To build rapport, develop trust and respect from both internal and external customers.
• To contribute to the development and delivery of an effective and proactive cultural environment.
• To undertake such duties as may be reasonably required for the effective operation of the VMU.
• To contribute towards the continuous improvement of processes/methods and operating practices within the VMU.
• Undertakes necessary training to become multi skilled.
• Work as part of the team to maintain, build employee and customer relations to ensure that the workshop operation achieves all set financial and cultural objectives/targets.
• To enforce personally and in others Company, Industry & Legal Health, Safety & Environmental standards always and without exception.
• To ensure a thorough understanding of all Company Safe Systems of Work and always adhere to within the workshop or mobile operations.
• To report without delay, in line with Company procedure, any accidents, risks and near misses.
• To maintain exceptional housekeeping standards within the workplace always.
• To ensure appropriate use of personal protective equipment (PPE) always and without exception. Report defective PPE immediately.
• To ensure corporate uniform as allocated is always worn.
Motor Vehicle Engineering qualification, for example:
- HNC / BTEC Level 3 Motor Vehicle Engineering OR
- NVQ Level 3 / City & Guilds Level 2 Vehicle Maintenance & Repair
Full UK driving licence
5 GCSEs (or equivalent) at grade C or above, including Maths and English
Experience of working on Vans; preventative maintenance, diagnostic & repair.
Experience of Working to Safe Systems of Work.
Experience of working in a fast paced demanding customer environment, with direct customer interaction.
Experience of planning job execution efficiently.
Has practical understanding of using information technology and systems, for example palm-top computers.
Able to manage risk situations, make reasoned decisions and consult / escalate where appropriate.
Effective time planner with the ability to balance workloads and work to set deadlines.
Able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
Effective listening skills coupled with a consultative style.
Attention to detail.
Self-motivated and innovative, with a 'can-do' attitude.
Flexibility to work at different locations when required:
Management / supervisory experience.
In addition to a competitive hourly rate and overtime, we offer a range of benefits including 25 days' holiday, generous contributory pension scheme, life assurance, a wide range of product discounts, work uniform, and Vitality health benefits.