- Approach Dr, Abbotsford, BC V2T, Canada
Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group is one of the largest independent aerospace and defence companies in the world delivering innovation and excellence in engineering, support solutions and services in the air, on land and at sea.
Since 1909, we have been valued for our integrity, performance and customer focus which we have demonstrated through our innovative solutions and ability to deliver on time and to cost.
We specialise in the conversion and modification of military, civil and business aircraft, alongside defence vehicle engineering and shelter manufacture. Our capabilities include engineering design, manufacture, test and the provision of personnel, training and advice, whilst providing maintenance, integration and product support.
Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group is part of the Marshall Group of Companies that employs over 6,000 people with a turnover in excess of £2.7bn.
We are a respected total solutions provider for the military and commercial sectors.
Marshall Canada is located in Ottawa and Abbotsford and provides military and commercial customers with a range of world-leading applied engineering services and product solutions across Canada and beyond.
Marshall Canada requires a Senior Accountant located in Abbotsford, BC or Ottawa, ON.
The Senior Accountant will be responsible for:
- Monthly reconciliation of all balance sheet control accounts;
- Maintaining the general ledger and preparing monthly journal entries;
- Assisting in the preparation of reporting packages for the Finance & Business Services Manager;
- Completing tax reporting and other government statutory remittances to ensure compliance with legislated bodies;
- Completing payroll on a bi-weekly basis;
- Completing accounts payable, accounts receivable, bank reconciliations and ensure these activities occur within acceptable timelines;
- Ensuring the policies and procedures of the finance department are complied with and recommend improvements to enhance efficiency;
- Ensuring all financial deadlines are met in an accurate and timely manner;
- Working closely with the Finance & Business Services Manager to provide accurate, timely, and comprehensive information and analysis; and
- Other duties as assigned by the Finance & Business Services Manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business Administration;
- Currently enrolled in the CPA program between levels 3 and 4, or equivalent;
- Experience with full-cycle accounting is an asset;
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and data mining skills;
- Experience in cost and job (project) accounting;
- Working knowledge of CDN PE GAAP;
- Experience completing payroll is an asset;
- Advanced Proficiency with Microsoft Excel; and
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage a variety of audiences: fluent written and oral English is mandatory.
Depending on the specific project(s) assigned, the following clearances may be required:
- Must be eligible to meet the requirements of export control regulations and security regulations, including the Canadian Controlled Goods Program and Canadian government security requirements.
Marshall Aerospace Canada Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request, for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.