Avionics Electrical Engineer
- Brize Norton, RAF Brize Norton, Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group is one of the largest independent aerospace and defence companies in the world delivering innovation and excellence in engineering, support solutions and services in the air, on land and at sea.
Since 1909, we have been valued for our integrity, performance and customer focus which we have demonstrated through our innovative solutions and ability to deliver on time and to cost.
We specialise in the conversion and modification of military, civil and business aircraft, alongside defence vehicle engineering and shelter manufacture. Our capabilities include engineering design, manufacture, test and the provision of personnel, training and advice, whilst providing maintenance, integration and product support.
Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group is part of the Marshall Group of Companies that employs over 6,000 people with a turnover in excess of £2.7bn.
We are a respected total solutions provider for the military and commercial sectors.
We are looking for an experienced Aircraft Engineer (preferably with previous C130 experience) who will be responsible for the rectification and repair of the Hercules C130J aircraft avionics and electrical systems (and when required Role Equipment), including functional testing, fault finding, embodiment of modifications, technical instructions and scheduled maintenance iaw relevant Air Publications and Job Guides. They will comply with procedures and practices laid down in local regulations and company business management system procedures (BMS), or as directed by the relevant Team Leader. Tasks also include the compilation and co-ordination of Maintenance Work Orders, both manually and using the computerised RAF Logistics Information Technology System (LITS) IT system.
This position will require work predominantly on shift (week days only), or days as directed in support of customer requirements.
- Have an Aeronautical apprenticeship and/or military equivalent in avionics and/or electrical systems.
- Have relevant recent experience of aircraft avionics and/or electrical systems.
- Have a proven track record in the Aerospace industry and evidence to support this (preferably evidence of certification / approval / authorisations).
- Possess a sound knowledge of Health & Safety procedures.
- Have previous supervisory experience to supervise Aircraft Engineers carrying out their normal working activities.
- Hold a current UK Driving Licence.
- Previously held a C130J qualification (Models C to H would be acceptable).
- Previous experience of certifying work carried out by the production operatives within the scope of individuals’ approvals.
- Experience of managing internal and external relationships with customers, aircraft tradesmen, other departments and taking an active role to mentor staff.
- Actively support, promote and contribute to continuous improvement ideas and activity to ensure that progressive gains in efficiency are maintained.
- Have previous experience of the RAF LITS IT system.
Due to the nature of our business, all employment is subject to satisfactory references being obtained, attainment of either an MoD SC (Security Check), appropriate UK Criminal Record Check or Foreign Police Check (whichever is applicable depending on duration of UK residency) and, as applicable, a medical assessment. Access to US technical data by employees requires prior Trade Control function approval. Clearance must be carried out against all applicable US export control authorisations.